MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update SeriesWatch to "Acquire" Status After New E

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want this request?
Yes - I like this request.
93%
 93%  [ 15 ]
No - I dislike it.
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

joesparano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Update SeriesWatch to "Acquire" Status After New E Reply with quote

[Request Name]
Update SeriesWatch to "Acquire" Status Immediately After New Episode - Regardless of Previous Status.

[Description]
Currently, if I've acquired (but not watched) all episodes of a series to date, the SeriesWatch page indicates "Watch" for that series. However, if an additional episode airs, the status remains as "Watch."

Because of the way that BitTorrent functions (and because I can't watch every new episode every week), I would like to know as soon as possible if an "Un-Acquired" episode exists.

My request: even if all episodes of a series to date aren't watched, the series status should change to "Acquire" immediately after a new episode airs.

[Target URL]
http://www.myepisodes.com/myshows.php

[Comments]
I originally filed this in the Bug System (#33), but it's really a feature request. I apologize for the redundancy, but I wanted to put it in the right place.
astv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually coming to this forum to make exactly this request!

But I would like to modify it a bit: Do both! Show the show as both Watch and as Aquire (2 lines).

Depending on my mood I way want to do either, so I'd like to know about both options.
TooSlow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you looked at the myepisodes view for that sort of tracking. Via control panel you can set the days back as far as you want then just look at the check boxes.
joesparano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I've been using the My Episodes page to track un-acquired episodes - but only because the SeriesWatch page doesn't have this functionality. SeriesWatch is cleaner, more automated, prettier, and generally provides more information. Plus, SeriesWatch can track any series, past or present. My Episodes can only track within the day span.

I use both pages, but I'd prefer to use SeriesWatch (or any page) exclusively.
TiVoMD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this is what the SeriesWatch page was for!

I was going to post a bug that it wasn't updating!

D'oh!

The thing that is annoying me now, is that TV.com has several shows with episodes missing.
the_man_stephen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a great idea, if you get a week behind its hard to see if an episode aired or not
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
IdNotFound

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome request, I felt the need for it also.

We could use a splitted Watch/Acquire icon for that, and two lines for controlling the episodes. One for the current acquired ones (to mark as watched) and the other for the just aired ones (to mark as acquired).

I feel I should make a drawing of this but I'm extremely tired right now. Sorry.
Hostile
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a great idea too.
Thats why I'm making it now Smile
Shows that have some episode that you must Watch, can also have another seperate line, for an episode you must Acquire.
Hostile
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feature is done:

http://www.myepisodes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66
joesparano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredible! Glorious! Thank you!

On further inspection... my "Last Watched" episodes aren't accurate. It looks like that column is displaying the last acquired episode instead.
AoD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joesparano wrote:
Incredible! Glorious! Thank you!

On further inspection... my "Last Watched" episodes aren't accurate. It looks like that column is displaying the last acquired episode instead.

I have experienced the same problem, which is a little annoying if you are more than a few eps behind. I have to take a look at the checkboxes (A and W) to know which ep I have to watch next.

As soon as you click on 'Acquired' the 'Last Watched' episode actually becomes the last acquired episode. Maybe a little mix-up in the code?

Would be great if this can be fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Recycle All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: