MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Topic for reporting incorrect info on series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mortus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: Topic for reporting incorrect info on series Reply with quote

Does such topic or place exist? If not, should this be it or is there a better way to deal with the problem?

Well, somebody/something has f up with mythbusters season numbers and all markings have gone because of that.
RaveDave

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that is down to the season numbering used by TVMaze for this show, unlike TVRage they follow the season numbering used by the shows themselves.

In the case of Mythbusters, it started airing in 2003, so if were watching it back then and marked the 11 episodes that made up the first season as watched, your account on here would have a record of you watching season 1 episodes 1-11, when the site was changed to link to TVMaze, season 1 became Season 2003, so your account has no way of knowing the two things are the same.

Mythbusters themselves don't use season numbers 1, 2 & 3 etc which is why TVMaze follow their lead to have the data accurate, it is a real pain for anyone on here who has lost records of what they have watched, thankfully it is only a few shows that use season years rather than numbers but that is of no comfort for people like yourself.

I don't know for sure, but i would guess that the database on here will still have a stored record of the episodes you have watched under the old format, if thats the case maybe IceMan could give you the details, so you can get your Mythbusters record fixed.
Mortus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm too fairly certain that the database has the record. Though I also have watched them all so it isn't a big deal to just retap everything. Problem being: if I do that, will "time wasted" counter etc have it double because of this? And most likely there are other shows too.

Also, tvrage is up and running again. Did we lose all faith in it then?

edit: oh, and thanks for the reply!

edit2: apparently it didn't show Mythbusters in my tame wasted list at all until I added it back again. Meaning: there could be tons of other series listed back as unwatched...

edit3: world series of poker seemed to be the ony other one effected by this on my list.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Recycle All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: