MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding the year to the show title

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickodemos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Adding the year to the show title Reply with quote

It is getting more and more common seeing the year in the title. Was wondering about seeing such an option here. I know some might not want this so this would be a option for individuals.

E.G.

The Librarians 2014
The Exorcist 2016
Star Wars Rebels 2014
The Blacklist 2013

The reason I ask is that the website I get my shows from list many of the new series with the year and so far I have not been able to get my scripts to show this so I can download the shows.
RaveDave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's something that was done on here in the past when there were two shows with the same title from the same country and if they were from a different country then a country code was used to differentiate, i liked it as itt was easier for members to tell shows apart.

The problem we have at the moment is i can add new shows to the site but the show titles are picked up from TVMaze who will not accept years or countries in the show title, I can manually change the show title on here after it has been added to the myepisodes database but it will change back as soon as the show updates from TVMaze, within this websites database the ability is there to add a show to the site and then lock the name to prevent it being changed (as you can see with some of the older shows which have countries or years in the title) but i don't have the power to do it, only the site creator can and he hasn't been on the site for many months, hopefully sometime soon he will re-appear and this can be done.
nickodemos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it is nothing serious that he is out for such a length of time.

Hmm... Wonder if he would code in a way that a manual AKA could override the TVMaze. Would be nice option to have.

Also seems like there would be a site moderator position to do things like this without them having admin/sysop powers. Maybe in the future.

Also is the site still taking volunteers for adding shows TVMaze and TVDB show ID's?
RaveDave

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no way of contacting him neither does the other active admin, but i know previously he has taken long breaks away from the site due to having a very busy work/home life, i would assume/hope that is the case at the moment.

As for new site volunteers, i am sure when he does come on line he would be happy to accept any offers of help. At the moment 99% of the shows that are both listed here and at TVMaze are linked together, i do a weekly check for any new shows added to TVMaze to see if they have a listing on here so they can be synced up, so the site is all good on that score at the moment.

Last edited by RaveDave on Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total
nickodemos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess once you have a site that is setup and running with all the bugs fixed I guess you can leave it and forget it for awhile.

OK. Thought I would ask since I like to contribute in small ways for the sites I frequent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: