MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to watch episodes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nesmi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:13 am    Post subject: How to watch episodes Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

I am a new member of this site, so i haven't read the forums if my questin might be answered there, my exuses for that.

A very simple question, how can i watch episodes?? I only tried to watch Lie to me, but than another screen opened (fox) and what to do then? There was no episode to watch.

Thanks for helping.

Greetz
dutchi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myepisodes.com is an advanced guide for tv shows that tells what has been and will be on television. And you are able to keep track of tv shows you have acquired or watched.

You can't download anything from myepisodes.com.

Nobody on myepisodes.com will tell you how to download tv shows, because in many countries downloading tv shows is not legal and the owners and members of this great tv guide website, dont want any trouble with the current or future laws of these countries. plur Cool

so nananananana........ Twisted Evil
Nesmi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With other words, this is a fucked up website. There is nothing to watch, how exciting!! I live in in Holland, here it is not illegal, but the american industry is just crap.
dutchi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
future laws of these countries
daniexj

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? In Holland it's permissible to download illegal copies of United States shows and watch them. Somehow.... I doubt that. Just because you're in Holland doesn't mean that you aren't still infringing on the Copyright holder, in the US's, rights.

And, this site rocks. It's fast (unlike another site that while cool also is still a bit slow) and it's simple and it does what I want it to do, keeps track of what episodes I've seen and what I need to still see in a place where I can access it at any time... this site is better than cool, it rules!!
dutchi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Somehow.... I doubt that.
is based on what ?
daniexj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Common decency? International law? The fact that Holland is a civilized country? Or that Europe, unlike China and places actually try and help the US copyright holders defend their stuff usually??

See, if I knew the laws, I would have said that I know it was wrong, but since I don't know the exact laws, I said... that I doubted it was true. I left room for the fact that I might be wrong (but I don't think I am). dutchi, are you going to parse every little thing I write????
dutchi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read the dutch Copyright Act 1912 and as far i did understand , downloading movies, tv shows, or music, is legal for private practice in the netherlands, also if you arent the original owner and the download source is illegal. I was just intrested if you did study law or something or if you explained dutch law different, because iam sincere intrested if you had an opinion based on real facts that could affect my own and other peoples opinion.

p.s. @daniexj: i wasn't trolling you, iam sorry i quoted you and my question was so easy and short, i wasn't trying to start a fight, iam sorry. i promise i wont parse anything of you in the future again so we both can enjoy our stay here, PLUR Smile

p.s.s. @everyone else: based on what "i understand" doesnt mean anyting ofcourse for the law, so i may be wrong and it may be illegal in the netherlands also, so read the dutch Copyright Act 1912 yourself before downloading anything in the netherlands and dont asume its legal because me and nemsi believe it is.
daniexj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, see, I didn't know that, and it sounds totally weird that a country can just say, doesn't matter who the copyright holder is you can watch pirated stuff... hmmm... but, you could totally be right.

Oh, and sorry for being snippy, good to know you're not a troll... and I am not either... we're troll-less Very Happy

And, nope, never studied law (does LAW and Order count Laughing or Harry's Law??) But I am a librarian, so maybe I'll go peruse a bit, just for my own edification.

Personally, while I know that a lot of big companies that are involved in making US shows aren't going to feel one or two or even more people watching illegal copies of the shows, you never know how it trickles down to the people at the bottom, like the crew and such... or even how it cuts into the smaller actors residuals and stuff (not the Angies and Brads of the world, but the Nicole Pacent or Rachael Hip-Flores's of the acting world)

Anyway, I'll shut up now.... Embarassed
dutchi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o yay, forumbuddies for life Rolling Eyes
daniexj

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I think I got some of your sarcasm on me, that's okay, it wasn't too much of it, I'll live.... Cool

Edited to Add: Did the little bit of research. According to the "Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works" that -- "the copyright law of the country where copyright is claimed shall be applied" - That would mean that for "ER" or "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" or "Xena" or "CSI:", since they were made in the US, doesn't matter if you're in Holland, or wherever, if your country signed onto the Berne Treaty downloading material made by the US is illegal.

And remember, I could be wrong and reading all this wrong, 'cause I'm not a lawyer (though it would have paid better than librarian, darn....). Personally, I either DVR the shows/movies, or wait until they're out on DVD and get 'em from my library. No one gets hurt, I don't get led off in handcuffs or something... Smile Although, I know for a fact that where I live it's illegal, 'cause I'm in the US.

Last edited by daniexj on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
dutchi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok right, i i will go study that and maybe come back with a answer, lolz
dutchi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone wondering, it's still legal to download illegal movies, tv shows and music as a home copy for own use in the netherlands. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> FAQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: