MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greasemonkey script (progress bar, NZB, premiere alerts)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just put out the update. I found a new bug in the version chceker... so that should be fixed again. Otherwise, I wouldn't have posted anything here
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a pretty huge update today. Any problems or issues, please notify me!!!
dutchi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did update the script 3 days ago, since a longtime (to 1.8. i believe) and just now to 2.0.

The option: NZB search URL Personalize the NZB search URL
Does not work in either this version of the script or the previous version (for me anyways).

The search url i use is:
https://*BEeeeeeEP*.org/search/SHOWNAME
The progress bar doesnt work proper aymore and the NZB/TOR links are gone.

-
-

My solution for now is using the
"Progress Bar Hyperlink hyperlink embedded in the progress bar (Use variable SHOWNAME)"
and then my url: https://*BEeeeeeEP*.org/search/SHOWNAME
works fine. It would be nice if you could also add the variables EPISODE to the hyperlink embedded in the progress bar

If i use the Torrent search URL for my nzb page linking this also works, with both variables ofcourse, i dont mind it says TOR TOR TOR TOR Smile

-
-

Iam not sure how you did test out the option:
NZB search URL Personalize the NZB search URL[/i]
and if it does work for other nzb sites you tested
-
-

Iam not sure if iam using the option like you meaned it, what iam trying to do with the option "Personalize the NZB search URL" is open a nzb index website and just have SHOWNAME + EPISODE in the search box. And then i manual click the NZB download link on the nzb website.

-
-

let me know if you did understand my story ^^

p.s. on the right from Upcoming Series Premieres (from TVRage) it just keeps sayign (LOADING...) in red.

iam missing the amount of days you could set in the Configure panel, is this an error in the script or on purpose ?

Last edited by dutchi on Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:00 am; edited 3 times in total
dutchi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify i dont use the NZB url for direct linking to nzb download links.
Iam going to asume that is the only purpose for the NZB search link.

Can you give an example how you use the option "NZB search URL Personalize the NZB search URL"
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAIT.... the progress bar doesn't work any more? And the NZB/TOR links are gone??? I'm confused about that. Please try a refresh, and see if that changes anything. Same deal for the Upcoming Series Premieres... it uses a cache, and I forgot to test how it would work on a clean install, but it should be good to go. A refresh might fix it, or it could be that TVrage is busy right now, and it is taking too long to get the data. They are usually very slow on sunday evenings, I've noticed.

The progress bar uses a cache, so if everything doesn't show up right away, it will probably load after a refresh.

I dont know why the NZB/tor links would be gone...

Ok, I think I just fixed a few of your issues. The personalized search is fixed, mainly.

The update is available... you may need to uninstall the script and then install it again since I didn't change the version number.

The personalized NZB search was designed for you, actually. It was for anybody that didnt want to use NZBclub. Now I have made it so that choosing this option will disable automatic NZB file searching.

I added the EPISODE variable to the progress bar. Didn't seem necessary at the time, but it makes sense now.

Also, I removed the option of calling episodes "old" after a certain amount of time. This was originally only added for the progress bars sake, and then I realized it could be useful for downloads as well. I defaulted it to 3 days, but the only thing that it should affect is NZB/TOR links. I can probably change that if you really need me to.
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I added a new color to the progress bar. It is pretty helpful for me, though it took some getting used to.

green = 0 - 33%
yellow = 34 - 66%
red = 67 - 99%
purple = 100%

Any further issues, please let me know. I will tackle them one at a time.
dutchi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NZB/TOR links and the progress bar work proper again (also with the "Personalized NZB search URL", iam asuming the links and bar got messed before because of the automatic NZB file searching you did mention).

anyways you fxed it Smile
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, glad to know it was an easy fix. Changing that hyperlink caused a pretty big error, which made the script stop running unexpectedly. So that explains why your page looked weird. I see it all the time while I'm testing stuff. I can't believe I hadn't tested that feature at all...

Anyway, let me know if you catch any bugs at all, or other things you think should be changed.

It's crazy... this version is 200-300 lines shorter, but adds in a ton of new features and improvements. I'm getting better at this stuff. However, I'm thinking my ideas are beginning to outgrow the abilities of greasemonkey. So after I get this version 100% stabilized, the next update may be a firefox/chrome extension.
dutchi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPISODE variable for the "hyperlink embedded in the progress bar" doesnt work yet.

example: 11-Dec-2011 Once Upon a Time 01x07 The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

below url gives this "Once Upon a Time EPISODE" as result in my search box on binsearch. If i use the same url in "Personalize the Torrent search URL" it gives me the proper search term: "Once Upon a Time s01e07"

http://binsearch.info/index.php?q=SHOWNAME+EPISODE&m=&max=25&adv_g=&adv_age=999&adv_sort=date&minsize=800&maxsize=&font=&postdate=

going to bed now..... Razz

thanks for the script updates Very Happy
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that one is fixed as well. You may need to uninstall/install again for the same reason. I had fixed that issue in the master script on my hard drive, but forgot to update it on the site. Literally just one line of code I had to copy/paste.

I like these easy-to-solve issues... but I would prefer if there were no bugs at all. I suppose I should test more thoroughly in the future...
dutchi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what you got beta testers for Razz

Still got: Upcoming Series Premieres (from TVRage) (LOADING...)

Will test in later today on my laptop, to see if my pc is the problem.

edit: same problem on my laptop clean install of greasemonkey/script/myepisodes also never been open on this laptop, so its no a cache problem, i did give the page enough time to load correct and buffer everything into the cache.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Air Date (Last Ref.) also doesnt work on my laptop as you can see, the already aired episodes are 24hrs off, and future episodes are also wrong, see the + days and 3-jan-2012 is in 31 days Smile

p.s. iam not using this option on my normal pc, will check laters if it is also buggy.
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, that screen cap helped a lot. I see what some of the problems are, and I will try to tackle them tonight.

The countdown column - I see the problem, but I'm not sure I know how to fix it without more info... but I will contact you if I need help.

The NZB/TOR links are not supposed to piggyback like that, they are supposed to remain next to each other

And I will see what is wrong with the Series premiere checker. I noticed that mine hasn't changed lately either.
dutchi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

works again for some reason (after another script update)

Upcoming Series Premieres (from TVRage) (7)

and nzb icon also lines up correct again

nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I didnt even do anything...!

The request for data from TVRage automatically times out after 30 seconds or something, so if they were probably just slow yesterday. Also, it only reloads that info once a day. The good news is that now that your cache is built, you should never get a LOADING message ever again.

I will work on the countdown issue soon. Maybe not today, but soon. When I fix it, I will bring it to v2.1, and you will get an update alert.

If there is anything else, please let me know. But for now, I will just focus on the countdown issue.
dutchi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the issue with the countdown timer

In my profile on myepisodes.com i did set the following:

Date Format: M d

Time Format: h:ia

I did notice my time and date had another syntax then the screenshots on http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/110076

its not the preferred syntax i would use, but it is a solution for people who would like to use countdown feature of the script, i do recommend you put in the config where you enalble the the option , it can only be used with above syntax.

p.s. the biggybacking of the NZB/TOR is back again, if i control+o its fine, but if i zoom in or out on the page control++ or control +- it biggybacks again.

i wont be using both option anyways, so for me the script is fine how it is.
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was what I figured it was. However, the way the script gets the date isn't from the syntax you see, but from the hyperlink for the airdate. I assumed that the hyperlink would be constant even if someone changed the viewable syntax. Apparently I was wrong. So I will need to play around with it and see what I can do.

I will see what I can do about the piggybacking of the NZB/TOR data. I know that some things in my script start to look ugly when you zoom, The search bar at the top of the page is the first example I can think of. I dont really know how to fix that, though. This may just be another thing I can't fix... but I will try.

Also, my list of Series premieres updated this morning, and I didn't change anything, so I'm reassured that it is 100% working.
dutchi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

syntax i was using is date: d-M-Y and time: H:i
iam used to that time syntax its the same on any device in europe
same with the data syntax, or d-m-y (pc), but i prefer d-M-y (phone), if i use letters for months instead of numbers, i use my brain less i think and i prefer that ^^

yay Postcount: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 100 Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

iam really happy with the script, it has all the features i was looking for in a script for myepisodes.com
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... the countdown bug is fixed. Everything should work with most typical date/time formats. I literally fixed the bug with just 6 characters. I'm going to test for a day or so, and then post the update.

As for the piggybacking... I have no idea how to fix that currently, and I'm not sure I want to spend much time on it, since it is purely aesthetics. So since you never actually complained about it, I'm going to just forget about it...

Thanks for the kind words about the script. It's been a lot of hours I've spent on it, but it's helping me learn a lot. Also, I use it every day and think it makes this site much more enjoyable.
dutchi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page looks perfect with the countdown timer, just look how pretty Razz

dutchi

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, the "MyList Season Premiere Alerts" disapears when the list is empty (in other words: if there arent any upcoming premieres).

Is it possible to do the same with the "TVRage Series Premiere Alerts" option when its empty or loading, because now most of the time for me it says: "Upcoming Series Premieres (from TVRage) (LOADING...)" And for some reason that just pisses me off Laughing

besides that the script still is awesome, so thanks again for making it Cool

NisseDILLIGAF

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this still work??

I dont see any difference on the page anymore.. Sad
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all! I've updated the script. It's working again, and about 2000% better. Tons of new features, way faster, and did I mention it works again?

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/110076

new features (copypasta from my userscripts post):

-It works!!! After being broken for a super long time.
-Quickly remove/ignore a show directly from the Episodes List page
-Improved cache. Way less data is stored (about as little as possible)
-New settings page (in an attempt to make this script self-reliant)
-Show page will load a synopsis and image from TVRage
-Improved search features. Single result redirects to the show
-Moved NZB searches/links to NZBIndex.nl (faster/more reliable)
-Entire code was rewritten from scrap using jQuery, so there are even a few animations
-Cleaner interface, way less bugs, way faster, no freezing/hanging
-Removed the update search feature. Just make sure GM is set to automatically search for updates for this script.
-Allow blocking networks from the TVRage Series premiere list (because I don't care if Animal Planet has a new show about the worlds cutest cats)

again, the link:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/110076
fred_gaou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: bug report Reply with quote

Hi,

I noticed in the past that sometimes the download column is not there. After some days, the column returned without any special action from me for that.

But now, this column doesn't show up again. I tried to disable/enable the setting to no avail.

I have used your script for years now and I love it for the torrent link it provides. Do you think you could check that and maybe fix it?

config:

• MyEpisodes enhanced 3.01
  • Greasemonkey 3.4.1
  • Firefox 41.0
  • Windows 8.1 x64
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm... I don't really use this much any more. I'm moving to trakt and have automated my downloads, so I've actually disabled the download links from my own install. However, this sounds like a configuration issue. Can you post a screenshot of your config screen?
fred_gaou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks.

Here is the screenshot.

I will see trakt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> User Contributions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: