MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KDE Plasmoid with MyEpisodes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
orbit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: KDE Plasmoid with MyEpisodes Reply with quote

I've just started to develop KDE 4 Plasmoid which shows today's episodes.
Now it is very basic but I am planning some updates and functionalities.

Fresh news about project here:
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=120555
bartman2589

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Any chance of a Windows Vista/7 port? Reply with quote

I use this plasmoid on my Kubuntu Linux system and love the simplicity of it, (unlike the Windows gadget in another thread in these forums). I would really love to see this plasmoid ported to a Windows Vista/7 desktop gadget so I could have the same simplicity of use/setup on my Windows system too. Is there any chance you might consider porting it to Windows?
orbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

It's really nice to hear that someone is using this plasmoid and actually likes it:-) Unfortunately I am not planning to port it to windows because I am not using windows at all and I have no idea about programming windows gadgets. Sadly I don't have enough time to learn it.

If you want to port it yourself you can find source code here: https://github.com/mcharmas/MyEpisodes-Plasmoid.
bartman2589

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's not to like about it, it does one thing, and does it exceptionally well without having to spend 45 minutes setting it up like the Windows gadget mentioned elsewhere in these forums. Thank you for sharing the source code as well, I'll see if I can figure out how to port it over to a Windows gadget once I figure out a bit more about how to make Windows gadgets, otherwise maybe I could just make a standalone program that docks in the system tray (like the famous Weatherbug application maybe). Again thank you for sharing the source code.

Would you mind if I periodically post here to ask you questions about things in the code that I might not understand (I'm not really much of a programmer, so far I've only written one Visual Basic program (under a pseudonym) that I felt was good enough to share on Sourceforge)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> User Contributions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: