MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MyEpisodes for XBMC
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximeh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: MyEpisodes for XBMC Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

A litte post here to announce a plugin I recently created :
https://github.com/maximeh/script.myepisodes

It does only one thing : when you have watched a tv show with xbmc, it will set it as watched on MyEpisodes.com.
You can specify what is the end of a show (in percent of the total duration).

I did that mainly because I was too lazy to update my account every time I watched a show, and since I do so mostly with XBMC...

If you find any bugs or have improvements idea, feel free Smile
stravieso

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks and a requirement Reply with quote

Hello,

first of all, thank you for the script. I think it's going to be very useful (so I will not have to duplicate the task), but... could you give us an already built zip file? I'm on Windows, and I don't know how to invoke the build.sh file.

Again, thank you!
stravieso

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Translation Reply with quote

If you want, I can translate it in Spanish. The strings.xml is not complicated
maximeh

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You are totally right, you can download a zip file at this URL :
https://github.com/maximeh/script.myepisodes/blob/binary/script.myepisodes-1.0.0.zip

Don't hesitate to open issue on github if you have any trouble. Also, I would like very much your translation Smile
stravieso

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. As soon as I install it, I'll give you feedback.

The Spanish translation is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<strings>
<string id="30901">Ajustes Generales</string>
<string id="30902"> Usuario</string>
<string id="30903"> Contrase�a</string>
<string id="30904">Marcar como visto a partir del </string>

<string id="30911">conectado</string>
<string id="30912">Fallo en la autentificaci�n</string>

<string id="30923">no encontrado.</string>
<string id="30924">marcado como visto.</string>
<string id="30925"> a�adido.</string>
<string id="30926"> no puede ser a�adido.</string>
<string id="30927"> no se ha podido recuperar tu lista de series.</string>
</strings>
maximeh

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
II added your Spanish translation and the 1.0.2 is available. (Don't look for the 1.0.1, it never really existed)
stravieso

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works great! Thank you for the plugin.
en-is

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this was something I've been looking for a time now Smile
qwakuk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Got a problem Reply with quote

Use this on a Raspberry Pi running Raspmbc - basically XBMC. Now I keep getting script failed, username and password is correct, anyone with the same issue ? Have version 1.0.2
maximeh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Got a problem Reply with quote

qwakuk wrote:
Use this on a Raspberry Pi running Raspmbc - basically XBMC. Now I keep getting script failed, username and password is correct, anyone with the same issue ? Have version 1.0.2

Hi,

Yeah there was a problem with the URL used to login with the script. It's now fixed and there is a new version.
I think you can reinstall it without a problem.
qwakuk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had already put on 1.0.4 and that fixed it
maximeh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear this Smile
KaruMy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thank you for this addon, i'm kinda lazy girl too.
I just wanted to add that is does not work if my system is set on french language (yeah, i'm french actually), gets me an instant error. But in english, no issue at all, and that's great, i've been waiting a long time for an update.
I use the latest 1.0.5 version by the way.
Have a nice day Wink
maximeh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into it (I'm french too but uses English for almost everything, force of habits).
maximeh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaruMy wrote:
First of all, thank you for this addon, i'm kinda lazy girl too.
I just wanted to add that is does not work if my system is set on french language (yeah, i'm french actually), gets me an instant error. But in english, no issue at all, and that's great, i've been waiting a long time for an update.
I use the latest 1.0.5 version by the way.
Have a nice day Wink

Hey,

It's fixed. I have created a 1.0.6 but I don't think you have to update it manually, because I have finally send it to the XBMC repo, so it's now available as every other add-ons, from the XBMC GUI Smile.
It's currently available under Services category.

Wait a little bit for the update, I just have sent the mail to the maintainer of the repository.

If you find any other bug, please report, either here or preferably on Github, it's easier for me to track them down there.
trogdorsmith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Couple Suggestions (cuz you're awesome) Reply with quote

maximeh

Out of the gate, This is a spectacular idea for an add-on. Mad Props.

Niceties out of the way, couple questions.

I am currently using a Gotham alpha (13.0 ALPHA 8) of XBMC with add-on v1.0.6, and I am getting "not found" when I start an episode on every show I tested (about 6 shows). I assume it has more to do with using Gotham than your add-on, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a common issue with matching up shows in xbmc to myepisodes or something I am missing. (Authentication is completing, and it is connecting with my profile.)

Would it be possible to also mark things acquired when it sees the file exists in the library? Perhaps when the library finishes updating, or at a fixed interval?

Thank you a million for coming up with this!
maximeh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Couple Suggestions (cuz you're awesome) Reply with quote

trogdorsmith wrote:
maximeh

Out of the gate, This is a spectacular idea for an add-on. Mad Props.

Niceties out of the way, couple questions.

Thanks a lot, really appreciated !

Quote:

I am currently using a Gotham alpha (13.0 ALPHA Cool of XBMC with add-on v1.0.6, and I am getting "not found" when I start an episode on every show I tested (about 6 shows). I assume it has more to do with using Gotham than your add-on, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't a common issue with matching up shows in xbmc to myepisodes or something I am missing. (Authentication is completing, and it is connecting with my profile.)

Could you give me the filename giving you trouble so I could check if it's a problem on my end or not ? You could send them in private if you don't want to share them here.
The search of MyEpisodes is not very good, so I may have to do some tricks to find the correct series.

Quote:

Would it be possible to also mark things acquired when it sees the file exists in the library? Perhaps when the library finishes updating, or at a fixed interval?

It's a really good idea. I have a very very simple use of XBMC, so I don't use the library, but I'll look into it.

Quote:

Thank you a million for coming up with this!

You're welcome Smile
trogdorsmith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Couple Suggestions (cuz you're awesome) Reply with quote

maximeh wrote:
Could you give me the filename giving you trouble so I could check if it's a problem on my end or not ? You could send them in private if you don't want to share them here.
The search of MyEpisodes is not very good, so I may have to do some tricks to find the correct series.

That may be the problem, as I don't retain filenames with shownames.
Currently, my structure is like this with folder names matching thetvdb.com show names:

|----Breaking Bad
| |----Season 1
| | |-----S01E01.mkv
| |----Season 2
| | |-----S02E01.mkv

Shows that I tried :
Breaking Bad
Comic Book Men
Archer
Homeland

I imagine with the searching differences between xbmc scrapers and myepisodes it could be difficult to work for every situation. How does your add-on assume the filenames are made? I personally would be willing to restructure my library to work with this add-on, as it could be really convenient.

Thanks again!
maximeh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Couple Suggestions (cuz you're awesome) Reply with quote

trogdorsmith wrote:

That may be the problem, as I don't retain filenames with shownames.
Currently, my structure is like this with folder names matching thetvdb.com show names:

|----Breaking Bad
| |----Season 1
| | |-----S01E01.mkv
| |----Season 2
| | |-----S02E01.mkv

Shows that I tried :
Breaking Bad
Comic Book Men
Archer
Homeland

I imagine with the searching differences between xbmc scrapers and myepisodes it could be difficult to work for every situation. How does your add-on assume the filenames are made? I personally would be willing to restructure my library to work with this add-on, as it could be really convenient.

Thanks again!

I am using regex taken from XBMC Subtitles add on and it assumes that the files are organized flat, like
Breaking Bad - S01E01.mkv or something similar.

Does it work for you if you use XBMC Subtitles ? I will look again how they find the show name. I maybe could use the library if you use it, maybe the XBMC scrappers stored it in there.
Again, as I don't use the library, I don't know yet how it works.
trogdorsmith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to test those shows using xbmc subtitles, and it seemed to be finding them correctly. (it is currently configured only from opensubtitles.org)

I have another machine running XBMC Frodo, Which is using the same files, but separate library, and it is doing the same thing there, so it is not a gotham problem.

I'm certainly willing to do random testing, and breaking my library to test this out. Tomorrow when it is not waaaay too late for me to be up, I will mess with the naming structure a bit to see if I can get it to pick a show up.
greek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have downloaded your add-on. Brillant idea, by the way.

It worked very well for me, except for shows with a year (like castle, archer...) or shows with an apostrophe (marvel's agents of SHIELD...).

My structure is like this :
|----Castle (2009)
| |----Season 1
| | |----Castle.2009.S01E01.mkv
| |----Season 2
| | |----Castle.2009.S02E01.mkv

I looked the script and i came up with a solution for the first issue (year).
That could work for trogdorsmith too.

In myepisodes.py, I modified the part of the script from xbmc.subtitles :

def get_info(self, file_name):
for regex in REGEX_EXPRESSIONS:
response_file = re.findall(regex, file_name)
if len(response_file) < 0 :
continue
title = re.split(regex, file_name)[0]
for char in ['[', ']', '_', '(', ')', '.', '-']:
title = title.replace(char, ' ')
title = title.strip()
return title, int(response_file[0][0]), int(response_file[0][1])
return None

by

def get_info(self, file_name):
for regex in REGEX_EXPRESSIONS:
response_file = re.findall(regex, file_name)
if len(response_file) < 0 :
continue
title = xbmc.getInfoLabel('Videoplayer.TVShowTitle')
return title, int(response_file[0][0]), int(response_file[0][1])
return None

with import xbmc and import xbmcgui at the beginning of the script.

Now, it works perfectly with every show with a year except the shows with an apostrophe. The reason is that the search in myepisodes is very restricitive and don't allow any mystake : the apostrophe is remove and the search return empty.

I hope my solution can be helpfull to you for next update.
maximeh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your solution.

I'm currently working on it, and yeah the main issues is that I'm only using the filename as a base, which is not the best way if you happen to use the XBMC library and have organized your files.

What I'm going to do is simply copy what XBMC Subtitles do, which is:

Try to find a suitable title, episode and season in the XBMC library, if there's none, fallback to use the filename.

That's almost what you were doing.

Since, I don't want to publish an update without testing it, could you both send me a mail so I could send you a zip to update your addon and tell me if it resolved your issue ? If you don't want to, I understand and will reproduce myself.
trogdorsmith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I renamed the episodes from "Awake" season 1 to include the show name in the filename. Worked like a charm. I tested "Archer (2009)" as well, and indeed It showed that it could not be found, as I did not apply greeks fix.

XBMC Subtitiles does seem to work for archer, and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (I hate abc for all those periods...)

I will shoot you a message
maximeh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent you both an email with a version.
It'll be easier by mail to finish this.

I'll update here once it's all good Smile
maximeh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have submitted an update to XBMC Repo.
It should fix the issue.

Now the TVShow title is first asked to XBMC, if nothing is found, we try to find it using regexes on the filename. If that fails, well, you're out of luck !

When using MyEpisodes.com to find the ID of the Show, we first try using the Search feature of the website.
If nothing is found (which can happen, since the search does'nt work when there's a ' character in the title), we try to find the show using the All lists page. And if nothing is found then, again, you're out of luck.

Again, thanks to trogdorsmith and greek for reporting the issue and doing some tests for me. Really appreciate the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> User Contributions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: