MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What does the [A] [W] Check Boxes or 'ACQUIRED / SEEN' mean?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrnoshot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: What does the [A] [W] Check Boxes or 'ACQUIRED / SEEN' mean? Reply with quote

Q: What does the '[A] [W]' Check Boxes or 'ACQUIRED / SEEN' mean?

A: On the 'Private Show List' page there are '[A] [W]' Check Boxes that stand for 'Aquired' and 'Watched'. Sometimes people that record or download their episodes like to note that they have done so by checking the box [A] to show they have aquired it. Once they have watched it, they check the [W] box to show they watched it or mark it off their list so they do not have to track it anymore.

(These are helpful options to have for people who do not have time that day or week to watch all of the episodes they have aquired and now because of this site they do not have to remember which episodes they have aquired or watched)

On the 'SeriesWatch' page there is something similar called 'ACQUIRED / SEEN'. The 'SEEN' portion acts very much like the [W] (watched) mentioned above. The main difference is when 'Seen' is clicked on this page, the show's episode is then removed from the page so it is not visible anymore.
Hostile
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must also add, that the SeriesWatch page's main functionality lies within that information called Acquired/Seen.

If you have acquired an episode, it will make sure you watch it, by showing it to you.
If you need to acquire an episode, because it was aired, it will also notice you by showing it to you.

There are other states like Coming and N/A. But I'll save most of these for my serieswatch faq :p
phunky

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is "ignored" for on the Episodes List page? You can choose to show filter ignored or not, and i'm not sure what the difference is.
Erwin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can put shows on ignore if you don't watch them anymore or that they are done so they won't show up on the list anymore unless you check to show ignored shows also.
Darth Maher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you ignore specific episodes if you don't care about them?
Erwin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no only ignore tv shows not per episode as far as i know
Xenonz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to ignore an episode anyways? Series sure, but a single episode..
Darth Maher

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenonz wrote:
Why would you want to ignore an episode anyways? Series sure, but a single episode..

Well, for instance, I don't normally watch Family Matters, but afew episodes are pretty good. And I especially like the "Stevil" ones around Halloween. I don't care to track all of the episodes, only the few that I like.
buzzra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Usage Documentation Reply with quote

This ONE thread in the entire forum is the closest thing to documentation on how to use the site I can find. is there any REAL documentation available?
Also what about the "series watched" FAQ promised over a year ago? What the hell are those 'N/A' listings for?

buzz
astv

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Usage Documentation Reply with quote

buzzra wrote:
What the hell are those 'N/A' listings for?

N/A means there are no new eps, and you watched and acquired all the old ones. So there is nothing to display for the show. Normally leave this turned off, unless you want to see old shows.
brittmarie033

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Usage Documentation Reply with quote

buzzra wrote:
This ONE thread in the entire forum is the closest thing to documentation on how to use the site I can find. is there any REAL documentation available?
Also what about the "series watched" FAQ promised over a year ago? What the hell are those 'N/A' listings for?

buzz

Exactly!! I can't figure out this site and its the only of its kind that I've found so I want to be able to use it but there is NO faq or demo even though I've seen it mentioned by moderators, etc. The demo thing on the homepage...I have no idea what to do with that. Might be my own computer illiteracy...
facedancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tick acquired if you have the episode ready to, but not yet watched (for example spooks 10x2 download from BBC website).

Tick watched when you have watched the episode.

Then you get a list of what you have and have not watched. Very helpful for our feeble failing minds.
off         off        Shows all
off         on         Shows unwatched
on          off        Shows unacquired
on          on         Shows unacquired and unwatched
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> FAQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: