MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TVRage Inconsistent AirDates

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DngnRdr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: TVRage Inconsistent AirDates Reply with quote

I find that TVRage is very inconsistent whether they include the first broadcast of a show (regardless of the country) or the US broadcast date.

eg. for Taxi Brooklyn they list the French airdates where it aired Apr-May this year but is just now starting in the US (which makes it a practically useless addition to the calendar for people watching it in the US), yet for other shows (especially shows which air in the UK or Canada before US) they put the US airdates.
pithawg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: TVRage Inconsistent AirDates Reply with quote

DngnRdr wrote:
I find that TVRage is very inconsistent whether they include the first broadcast of a show (regardless of the country) or the US broadcast date.

eg. for Taxi Brooklyn they list the French airdates where it aired Apr-May this year but is just now starting in the US (which makes it a practically useless addition to the calendar for people watching it in the US), yet for other shows (especially shows which air in the UK or Canada before US) they put the US airdates.

TVRage is getting awful for airdates.. Is there any other site with some consistency? I sure would be interested in this. I Love My Episodes and tvrage is making them look bad.
RaveDave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVRage isn't awful for airdates at all, like all these type sites they are run purely by volunteers, if you find mistakes in airdates then join up and submit the proper info, i have been submitting info to the site for years on shows that i watch, the more people that volunteer the better.

As for the original posters comments, the way the TVRage works is; whichever country produces a show that countries airdates are used as the main airdates for the show, the alternate airdates for other countries are listed as well. In the case of a show like Strike Back which is originally a UK show but airs in the US first the US airdates will be used initally but will be replaced as the main airdates when the UK airs the show. You have to bare in mind that TVRage isn't built to provide info to myepisodes, myepisodes is a site which uses scripts of some sort to extract data from TVRage's site.

As for you not being able to check airdates for shows airing in the US, join TVRage as a member and favourite all the shows you watch and then go to their calender and you can set it to look at airtimes for whatever country you want.

I use TVRage and myepisodes to keep up to date with my tv shows both sites compliment each other well.
DngnRdr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find Futon Critic is a good choice for confirming dates that are missing or wrong on My Episodes/TV Rage at least, you can't filter by shows but can filter new episodes or premieres, or if you look up a single episode you can see all the listings for the show.

Taxi Brooklyn is odd though as it was shot on location in New York by Europacorp but aired first in France (which is the dates TVRage still has listed even though it's now airing in the US).
RaveDave

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DngnRdr wrote:
I find Futon Critic is a good choice for confirming dates that are missing or wrong on My Episodes/TV Rage at least, you can't filter by shows but can filter new episodes or premieres, or if you look up a single episode you can see all the listings for the show.

Taxi Brooklyn is odd though as it was shot on location in New York by Europacorp but aired first in France (which is the dates TVRage still has listed even though it's now airing in the US).

Yes i also use Futon Critic as well, it is very good at giving you advance airdates, alot of the information i put on TVRage comes from Futon Critic.

With Taxi Brooklyn being produced by Europacorp a French company it is considered a French production even though its shot in New York.
tommyw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Where do you send corrected airdates to - or to who ? Reply with quote

Taxi Brooklyn - 01 - Pilot - June 25, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 02 - Brooklyn Heights - July 2, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 03 - Looking for Women - July 9, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 04 - Precious Cargo - July 16, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 05 - Ambush - July 23, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 06 - Love Hurts - July 30, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 07 - Black Widow - August 6, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 08 - Deadline Brooklyn - August 13, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 09 - Double Identity - August 20, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 10 - The Longest Night - August 27, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 11 - Frenchmen Can't - September 3, 2014
Taxi Brooklyn - 12 - Revenge - September 10, 2014
DngnRdr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - I looked them up on Futon Critic... just won't show up in my "My Episodes" calendar coz TV Rage has the French dates.
tommyw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per RaveDave "if you find mistakes in airdates then join up and submit the proper info, i have been submitting info to the site for years on shows that i watch"

So i am wanting to know how to do that
The Taxi Brooklyn improper US dates have been driving me nuts as well.
RaveDave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommyw wrote:
As per RaveDave "if you find mistakes in airdates then join up and submit the proper info, i have been submitting info to the site for years on shows that i watch"

So i am wanting to know how to do that
The Taxi Brooklyn improper US dates have been driving me nuts as well.

Just sign up to become a member its free and then search for the show you want to add data for.

You won't though be able to do anything about Taxi Brooklyn, TVRage is a worldwide TV site it has shows listed for virtually every country in the world and so with that it mind, its primary airdates for shows will always be the ones for the country that the production company of the show is from which in this case is France. US airdates are listed on TVRage for this show but they are secondary airdates and thus can't be picked up by myepisodes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: