MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MyEpisodes Manager for Android

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What new features do want in the future
Mark several episodes as watched/acquired at once
69%
 69%  [ 9 ]
Social Networking Integration
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Manage shows (like the add/ignore shows feature online)
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Other (reply and let us know what you want)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

dirken

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: MyEpisodes Manager for Android Reply with quote

It's been a wile now that me and Ivo are developing an Android application for managing your MyEpisodes account from your mobile.

Are you having an Android phone? Have a look at our project page at http://code.google.com/p/my-episodes-watch-manager/ or just download the application in the Android market searching for 'MyEpisodes Manager'. This is an open source application (so every one can help us) and totally for free!

Update: August 17th 2010 -> screenshots

What you can do with this application:
- An overview of all episodes to watch
- Mark episodes as watched
- An overview of all episodes to download
- Mark an episodes as downloaded
- An overview of all upcoming episodes
- Grouping episodes by show name

The application is currently available in following languages:
- English
- Dutch
- Italian
- French
- Korean
- Swedish

Is your language not listed? Are you wanting to help to translate to a language currently not yet supported? Send us a mail to "[email protected]".

Upcoming features
- Spanish translation
- Change your language other than your device language
- Add/Remove/Ignore shows features

Please share us your thoughts on the application and new ideas are always welcome! Smile

Some recent screenshots:

Kind regards,

The MyEpisodes Manager team!

Last edited by dirken on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Sypher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice app, however I cannot get my episodes to be shown.
Logging in works, but after that it gives me an error.

And yes, it is reported Wink
dirken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sypher wrote:

Hmm strange, however I haven't received any errors in the Developer console yet. As soon as I receive it we'll handle it, hope you can enjoy the app in the next release then!
dirken

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sypher wrote:

Sypher, I heard Ivo was helping you out, is it already working?
Such an error mostly appears when you're internet connectivity is slow etc.
Sypher

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirken wrote:
Sypher wrote:

Sypher, I heard Ivo was helping you out, is it already working?
Such an error mostly appears when you're internet connectivity is slow etc.

Nothing wrong with my internet connection. Tried it at a different location, but still the same error.

Haven't heard from Ivo, or he must've mailed me to my gmail address which I don't check often..
Mac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool app, it works on my phone (SGS), I could try to translate texts to Latvian, however I prefer to run everything in English...
it would be cool if you added a widget for upcoming episodes like for week and day, or do the ical thing which would work equally great on existing calendar widgets...

I guess you would not have too many users in Latvian, but if you need I would gladly help with translation, just PM me or email texts.
dr_mal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is wonderful! So much further along than my own attempt at an Android app.

One problem for me - I have a lot of shows, and this app only displays 200 episodes - seemingly from the oldest shows in my list (original Star Trek, Get Smart, etc from the '60s) and doesn't show any current shows (CSI, Ice Road Truckers, etc) that I'm actively watching.

Is the 200 episodes restriction something in your code? Or some limitation on the myepisodes.com side?
dr_mal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind - I see it's a limitation in the RSS feeds. Too bad - what I really need is an Android app that gives me the functionality on the "All In One" page.
dirken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: In Reply... Reply with quote

@Mac: We indeed do not have that many Latvian users but the application can always be translated in that language too! In the next release the application will use the translations in your langauge (as is now) but you will have an option to choose another language (such as English).

If you are still interested please send me an email to android-devATvranckaertDOTeu and I'll send you the details!

@dr_mal: this is indeed an RSS feed limitation and there currently is no way around (unless we would start parsing HTML but that's a limitation for mobile devices due to processing power limitations). Although I heard from the guy behind this great website that they are currently working on something new to provide us better interaction with the website so let's hope the 200 episodes limitation will be gone then!
dirken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently looking at the next release cycles and I am planning the release cycle for version 1.7.0 and the features for that version.

If there are any requests of features to be implemented please let us know!!!

A list of what's coming up can be found at the release management wiki page on the google code project site: http://code.google.com/p/my-episodes-watch-manager/wiki/ReleaseManagement

As you see the 1.6.1 release is very close and planning for 1.7.0 has started. However it's possible that a 1.6.2 release is in between there for bugfixing and with some small issues currently planned for 1.7.0

We are also looking for translators and beta-testers of the application, so also if you are interested in helping translating the application give us a call Wink
Following languages are currently most-used and so we want to translate the application into to those languages: Swedish, Spanish and German. But do not hesitate to get to us if you want to help for any other language!!
dirken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: MyEpisodes Manager for Android Reply with quote

Yesterday evening we released a new version of the application, version 1.6.1. Most important in this release are some bugfixes, some UI modifications and usability improvement.

Go check it out! Wink

Ooh yeah, still looking for German translators, they are currently highest on our list Smile
incident

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice.. Definitely seems to be the best of the 3 MyEpisodes applications on the market.

A couple suggestions-

It'd be good to have an option for an alternative darker colour scheme - it can make a huge difference to battery usage on devices with AMOLED screens.

I'd like the option to automatically show the "accquire" tab instead of "watch" when the app first opens, as for me this is the more useful information.

Apart from that I think it's pretty much spot on - many thanks for creating this.
dirken

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx incident!

The option to choose a different theme is something we have to look into! I cannot promise if it will already be in the next release!

Although the option to change the default tab opening will be in the next version (1.7.0).

If any other suggestion, please speak up!! Smile

For an overview of what's planned for the next release(s) you can follow up our wiki page: http://code.google.com/p/my-episodes-watch-manager/wiki/ReleaseManagement

If there is any bug you want to report or feature you want to request (or any other reason to log an issue) you can just log an issue at the project website, logging an issue can be done here: http://code.google.com/p/my-episodes-watch-manager/issues/entry
dirken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: ==UPDATE== Version 1.7.0 Reply with quote

An new update of the application has just been released to the Android Market. For detailed overview of what's new check out the wiki @ http://code.google.com/p/my-episodes-watch-manager/wiki/ReleaseManagement#Version_1.7.0.

For more info or feature requests don't hesitate to reply or register an issue at the webiste: http://code.google.com/p/my-episodes-watch-manager/issues/entry
Jurian87

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i'm a big fan of MyEpisode Manager, i use it on a daily basis.
The last update was definitely a great one !

Thanks and keep up the good work!
dirken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support Jurian and I'm glad to hear you like the app Smile If you want to know what's coming up you can have a look at our Releasemanagement wiki page: http://code.google.com/p/my-episodes-watch-manager/wiki/ReleaseManagement#Scheduled_releases.

If you have any suggestions for new features plz let us know!! You can as well have a look at the upcoming features and let us know if you like it or not. If so maybe we can push the deadline for that feature Wink
dirken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: MyEpisodes Manager 1.7.1 Released Reply with quote

An new update of the application has just been released to the Android Market. For detailed overview of what's new check out the wiki @ http://code.google.com/p/my-episodes-watch-manager/wiki/ReleaseManagement#Version_1.7.1.

For more info or feature requests don't hesitate to reply or register an issue at the webiste: http://code.google.com/p/my-episodes-watch-manager/issues/entry
Teloriun

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent little app... :thumbsup:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> User Contributions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: