MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greasemonkey script (progress bar, NZB, premiere alerts)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 am    Post subject: Greasemonkey script (progress bar, NZB, premiere alerts) Reply with quote

Hey, so I'm working on a greasemonkey script. Thought I would share it here.

There are a few functions that I'm having a hard time getting to work, but it is a pretty useful script for me so far. If anyone is good with javascript or greasemonkey, hit me up and we can collaborate.

here are the functions that currently work:

-Alert for upcoming season premiere (for shows in your list)
-Add a link to search for NZB
-Add a link to search for multiple NZB files at once (opens multiple tabs)
-For older episodes, it also adds a link to search for torrent
-Adds a progress bar to show how close to completion (or hiatus) the show is (not currently 100% reliable, but I'm working on it)

To-do List includes (in order of when I intend to fix them):
1 - the progress bar info is sometimes loaded out of order
2 - checkboxes for todays shows checked by default - FUNCTION CURRENTLY DISABLED
3 - links to download NZB files directly only KIND OF works. This is a high priority - FUNCTION CURRENTLY DISABLED
4 - errors occur on individual show pages. This does not affect functionality, it just pushes an error to the error console
5 - amazon pre-order search
6 - user configuration (user can enable/disable functions)

Here is the link:

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/110076
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted an update. This version is much more stable, and has a lot of improvements.

As an FYI, I am using Firefox 5.0. It works perfectly on that browser. I make no guarantees for other browsers/versions, but go ahead and try it!!!

If you like it, I'd appreciate if you take the time to review it!
dutchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My upcoming season premieres list is a little long Laughing

I prefer http://binsearch.info as binary search index. i have sabnzbd downloading all my shows automatic from nzbs.org, so i doubt i will ever use it.

I don't download with torrents, so i prefer those links all removed Wink

Preair links is bullshit also, for me anyways, i dont plan on dying soon so i can wait and preairs make my eyes bleed Rolling Eyes

I dont realy like the season premieres list, i would rather see it removed and intregated in the episode list, like a special color for season premieres, just like you can set a special color for today airing shows in your profile.

in short its not for me, but maybe someone else thinks its awsum

Cool
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! Yeah, I can understand you not liking it... If mine looked like that, I wouldnt have ever released it.

One thing that I definitely plan on adding is user configuration. So if somebody just wants the progress bar and has never heard of an NZB, they have the choice to remove it.

I try to never download with torrents as well, but some shows are too hard to find, so I need to dig a bit deeper. Its always a last resort.

After seeing that... I'm definitely going to change how the premiere alert works!!! Probably make it a two or three column, collapsable object. I will definitely consider your idea for the season premiere alert as well. It may be even easier than the collapsable object idea, which is always the best solution.

Thanks for the report. I'm going to keep working on it!!
dutchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope i didnt discourage you to develop it it further, i would like to see it grow and be able to use it.

it would be nice for the nzbs to add your own search engine and your own extra string, so all the script would automatic need to fill in is episode name and s##e##

(with the extra string i mean the -german and -720p et cetera stuff, because i for example would like mine to look something like:
x264 -BluRay -DVDRip -REPACK -WEB-DL ) i only download 0day x264 tv shows

p.s. an extra color for s0#e01 should be integrated in myepisodes.com itself Razz
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolutely not! I'm working on the user configuration aspect now. I also figured out how to highlight upcoming season premieres. By then end of the week, you should see a much more customizable script.

Mainly, I wrote it originally to satisfy my own needs. I need other peoples input and ideas to make it better!

There are some things that are beyond my grasp, however... but i'm having fun learning!
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted the latest version. I think I fixed most of your complaints with the user config!

Allowing to modify the NZB search link will come in the next update... once I figure out an easy way to do it...!!!
dutchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer the red text
"**** There are upcoming Season Premiere(s) ****"
also to disapear if i deselect the premiere alert header.

I would prefer if i could deselect the bulk search option also, so it disapears also. I prefer the page as close to the original page as possible for options i dont use anyways.

Would it be possible to create a special upcoming season premieres color for season 1 episode 1 (01x01) , easier to see pilots that way.

I dont like the Epis# column, it looks weird somehow i dont like the "s" and "e" and and i also dont like dash "s08e05 / 13" format, original page looks better, so i would prefer 08x05 (13) and i dont like the text is in bold either Smile

Last edited by dutchi on Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:55 am; edited 2 times in total
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are a tough person to please...!

I liked the idea of the header still leaving its trace, but I understand your argument.

The bulk search option was something that I was planning on allowing to disable, but... well, the problem is that I dont want the user config to get too messy with TOO many options. I will work on it, though.

changing the numbering system for the episodes should be a breeze, also.

I will work on those. Should mostly be pretty easy. Done either saturday or sunday, I assume

I already have plans for an upcoming series premieres feature, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to mine that data from the site. The best I can find is the Home Page, but that only posts todays episodes... so if you forget to check one day... This one will take me more time, though. I'm looking at other possible routes...
dutchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just trying to keep you busy and think in general what other people would like and dislike also Smile since for now iam the only one giving feedback Rolling Eyes

the more options in the user config the better ( i think people who will use your scripts in the first place wont mind) Cool

i would stick with the stuff thats easier to do for you for now, hard stuff makes you head hurt Very Happy

looks much better already Smile

p.s. the more advanced your script gets the "tougher" iam able to be, so just heads up Laughing Laughing Laughing
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, got all of your current requests handled. I'm gonna give it a day or two to test it out and make sure its stable. I'm gonna see if I can add some more new fun stuff before I post an update.

Also, I just realized there was a bug in the automatic update system that I created, which makes it completely worthless. Pretty sure I just fixed it, tho

I reread your post, and realized what you meant about series premieres (pilots). The request (as you wrote it) was super easy to implement. The hard thing was what I THOUGHT you were requesting. I thought you were asking for a way to see ALL upcoming series premieres, even ones that arent in your list. Well... thats something that I plan to add eventually. Just a matter of figuring out how to do it, and not cluttering everything up too much.

Thanks for the feedback. Since we dont see updates to the site very often, I'm glad to try and keep this site looking fresh.
dutchi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no if i would like to see all pilots in a list i would request that to the myepisodes builders themself, not to you, because then you would prolly need to keep an external databade and i never seen that work before decent with other websites either.

if you upload the beta i dont mind testing if it works for me Smile give me the candy Razz

anyways when you get bored Laughing

If in the currect script version 1.5 i set the values for the progress bar to 1 (old) and 3 (upcoming) it also adds a nzb links for all the shows that will air the coming 3 days and those shows are also added to the bulk search, so if you hit the bulk search option right now theres no limit, is it allowed by nzbclub.com to make a bulk search for like 10 or 15 or 20 shows ? Laughing

there is also no point to bulk search for shows that havent aired yet Laughing

so if you able its maybe better to add seperate options where you can set values to add nzb links in the nzb column (iam asuming this is with torrents the same) and also seperate the bulk search values with the progressbar values. so if i would want i could set the bulk search values to only look for shows that aired today or yesterday and today or whatever

i realy realy realy dont link the script marks the A column automatic sometimes, it seems to have a delay of like 30 seconds or something.

are you able to hide the episode title column from myepisodes ?

p.s. woooooot this becoming the best and most advanced scipt ever, lollerz, maybe someday you can write a script that makes me dinner, i ready need that, sometimes its like 10pm and then i think: shit, still need to cook today, pffff
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put out v 1.6 (I love being able to just randomly choose increment numbers for updates...!)

Most importantly, I fixed the automatic update searcher. So update to this version, and I will never need to post to here again to notify people!!!

So, in addition to your first batch of requests, I added some more candy.

The premiere update has a new layout entirely. Try it out... it's far less obtrusive. I also figured out a good way to get series premieres onto the page... also has a very clean layout. Both can be removed if you dont like them.

I also added more customization
a search bar at the top of the page
the old search feature was annoying. when making a search, you would not have the search bar any more. I changed that as well. All search results pages now have a search bar.

Ok, on to your new list of ideas...

the NZB search is currently very closely linked with the progress bar information. I may try to find a way to separate them in the future, but this seems difficult.

I personally have done bulk searches of about 15... it takes some time, but eventually all the pages load.

I agree with you, there is no point in searching for shows that havent aired yet. However, this is something I will have to tackle later.

currently, the script searches all episodes that have a progress bar. If it finds any results from NZB club, itreplaces the words NZB with an IMAGE. When it finds this result, it also checks that episode as Acquired. The theory was that if a person is interested in searching for NZB files, then they are also interested in getting a direct download link for the files (the query from NZBclub takes between 5 and 30 seconds most of the time). So if they want all those things... then I assumed they would also want to download it immediately, and then mark that episode as acquired. It was a logical train of thought for me... but I can totally make that customizable as well.

I can hide ANYTHING I WANT. However, I dont know why you would want to hide the Episode Title column...??

As far as the script that makes you dinner... that will be a tough one. Maybe I could just program an alert at 9pm that asks you if you have eaten yet...!!!
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap... I had no idea there was an update planned to the site.

I hope it doesnt break my script too much!!!!
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much spam...
facedancer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spam be gone, zap.
off         off        Shows all
off         on         Shows unwatched
on          off        Shows unacquired
on          on         Shows unacquired and unwatched
dutchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good Cool sugarrush ^^

p.s. that wasnt a bad show (for the uk Laughing)
http://www.tvrage.com/Sugar_Rush_UK

p.s.s what update, the one announced 2 years ago ? Razz

I want candy !
I want candy !
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you are liking the script update?

Let me know if you have any more ideas. I looked at my list of things to do for the script, and I think I will be able to knock all of them out and have a new version in a week or two.
dutchi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the "Upcoming Series Premieres header" it would be pretty great if we could set a filter for the tvrage Classification. Right now it contains for me to much nonsins (all that reality crap and documentary). All i realy would like to see is "Mini-Series" and "Scripted". It would also be nice if the "TVRage Desc." links open up in a new tabs (iam to lazy to right click the links and select open up in new tab Smile )

and yes, i like the update Razz alot

p.s. look at all the crap i watch, lmao

Upcoming Season Premieres in My List ( 28 )
(Sep 06) - Oh Oh Cherso (preair search)
(Sep 07) - Sons of Anarchy (preair search)
(Sep 14) - 90210 (preair search)
(Sep 14) - Parenthood (2010) (preair search)
(Sep 15) - Up All Night (2011) (preair search)
(Sep 16) - The Vampire Diaries (preair search)
(Sep 16) - The Secret Circle (preair search)
(Sep 20) - How I Met Your Mother (preair search)
(Sep 20) - Hawaii Five-0 (2010) (preair search)
(Sep 21) - Glee (preair search)
(Sep 21) - New Girl (preair search)
(Sep 21) - Raising Hope (preair search)
(Sep 21) - Body Of Proof (preair search)
(Sep 23) - Community (preair search)
(Sep 23) - Grey's Anatomy (preair search)
(Sep 26) - The Simpsons (preair search)
(Sep 26) - Boardwalk Empire (preair search)
(Sep 26) - Desperate Housewives (preair search)
(Sep 27) - Gossip Girl (preair search)
(Sep 27) - Terra Nova (preair search)
(Sep 29) - Happy Endings (preair search)
(Oct 03) - Dexter (preair search)
(Oct 03) - How to Make It in America (preair search)
(Oct 17) - The Walking Dead (preair search)
(Nov 24) - I Hate My Teenage Daughter (preair search)
(Jan 09) - Alcatraz (preair search)
(Jan 09) - Californication (preair search)
(Apr 16) - Game of Thrones (preair search)

"It's never too late to become what you might have been." -- George Elliot
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will see if I can do that. I dont believe the data I am getting provides the genre info, so getting that info would mean more loading time. However, I do hope to eventually at least add a filter for STATIONS from which you dont want (like OWN and TruTV, for example)

also... I can add the open in new window feature. The EASIEST way is for you to learn about the magic of the MIDDLE CLICK!!!!

I will add that to my list of things to do, tho.
dutchi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make sure i didnt say genre, i said classification Razz but http://services.tvrage.com/tools/quickschedule.php doesnt contain classification data either, pffff

And my mouse software doesnt work that way Razz i use my pc as a htpc so the mouse software is setup to zoom in/out using the middle button/scroll wheel.

p.s. is that list with stuff to do public somewhere ? no matter, found it Very Happy

"It's never too late to become what you might have been." -- George Elliot
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knocked out at least 10 of my things to do in the past two days. There are only 4 more on the list before I put out an update.

Also, I removed the bulk search feature today. I never personally used it, and it seems impossible to implement perfectly. Since some people want to search for torrents, and some nzbs... and some only past, or current, or future... there are just too many considerations for a feature that I didnt really like in the first place (i only programmed it in as a temporary solution until I was able to figure out how to get NZB file results). Also, the bulk search (in its current format) kind of messes up the look of the page.

Let me know if you ever use it. Maybe I can figure something out.

Should be seeing v1.8 somewhere in the next 2-7 days.

PS - I figured out the classification filter, so you can rest easy.
djryan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the script so far - couple of things though:

Would it be possible to enable progress bars for series that aren't being currently shown? Occasionally we power our way through an old series and towards the end get a bit punchy. Might be nice to know how close we are Smile

I can't seen to get the season total token to work, all my episodes seem to have +$ episodes.

Thanks again for subjecting yourself to the world of JavaScript.
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...

so where are you using the progress bar? This is on the Episodes List page, correct?

The reason that you are still getting the quantifier (+$) is because of a bug that I have yet to tackle (it's on my list, but I'm having a difficult time with it). Basically, the script in its current form looks at each shows page, and then finds what the last scheduled episode is. It just compares that to the current episode info... if the season numbers are not the same, the progress bar will not be loaded. I know how to fix this, but I'm having trouble actually making it work. This still may not make it into the next version.

Also, since each individual progress bar is a HTML query to myepisodes, I have a limit set on how many days you can have the progress bar (so we dont slam their server with too many requests). The max # of days forward and back is 9, giving you an 18 day window. However, you just made me realize that I hadnt set this limit for PAST episodes... so I'm sorry, but I'm gonna remove that feature...!!!

So until myEpisodes has an API, or some easier way to access info, the progress bar will remain limited.

However, the blank progress bar is already on my list of things to do.
nuentes
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appear to have become my own worst enemy. For every bug I fix, or enhancement I build, I think of two other enhancements or bugs that should be done. So where last week my list of things to do was only 4 items, my list is currently around 10 (while the original 4 have been totally handled). But I dont want to release something that I am aware has bugs in it. So I will work on cleaning things up in the next few days. Hopefully before sunday shows start airing, you will all have an update alert.

FYI - The previous version was a total of 650 lines of code, and this new version is about 1000... so nobody can accuse me of slacking off!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> User Contributions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: