MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Personal show database for rare/foreign shows

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want this request?
Yes - I would find that request useful.
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
No - I would not find that request useful.
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

DrTroy47

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Personal show database for rare/foreign shows Reply with quote

[Request Name]
Personal show database for rare/foreign shows

[Description]
Many people watch shows on obscure cable channels or simply shows that are not at all mainstream - perhaps they're shows that you have to pay more money to watch, as part of a package on cable or satellite TV. Or maybe they're shows from other countries, or shows that you can only find on the Internet. The episode names and airtimes can be found online, but they're not on TV.com and probably will never be part of any mainstream TV database site.

[Target URL]
http://www.myepisodes.com/mydatabase.php
http://www.myepisodes.com/managedatabase.php (here's where users would manually add and edit their database of shows that are not on the main database).

[Comments]
A perfect example of this is Howard Stern On Demand (which is on cable systems that have content from InDemand). There are new shows every day, and since this past November, there are over 150 shows.

But it would also be very handy for people who watch obscure shows on cable. Like say, if someone out there is really into the History Channel, I'd be willing to bet that many shows from a channel like that are never gonna make it to TV.com or any other major database.

Also, nowadays there are shows that are distributed for free through the Internet. No, I'm not talking about illegal download sites. "The Scene" would be an example of this (see http://www.welcometothescene.com).

I'm not gonna add any images because the page would look exactly like the current views.php page, except you would manage the shows on your manage.php page, which would be a simple page with a form to fill out.

If this is considered, it would be a good idea to add a little more flexibility to this alternate, personal database. The ability to add shows without an airdate is a good example of what could be done on the personal show database.
DrTroy47

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just thinking about it a little more, and it would also make sense to be able to manually add shows to your main database.

And I realize that it may seem a little too much to have 2 different lists to go through every day, but I'm sure there's at least a few users out there that simply wouldn't mind.

Your thoughts?

Edit: Oh and by the way, I've always been meaning to ask.

For the longest time I've seen this on the Add a Show page:
Quote:
Can't find the a show on the list? You can add it!

There is no link there to add a show! So if you can't find the show on the list, there's no way of manually adding anything.

Just curious - was this feature gonna be added at some point and did you guys forget or what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Recycle All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: