MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MyEpisodes for XBMC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallback

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there!

I'm new to myepisodes.com and wanted to test the xbmc-addon.
I sucessfully logged in with the xbmc-addon (pop up show up) and i began to mark my episodes as watched (i recently reinstalled xbmc).

Does i take some time until the episodes are marked as watched in the web-frontend oder did i miss something?

Thank you in advance!
maximeh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your episodes to appear as watched, you must watch them at least until the "Watched percent" is matched.

By default is 70, it means that when your reach 70% of the episode, it will be marked as watched on the sites.
fallback

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But this should also be the case when i manually mark an episode as watched, shouldnt it?

I marked several episodes/seasons via "Mark as watched" or pressing "W".
maximeh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are confusing the Mark as watched of XBMC and the Mark as Watched of MyEpisodes.

They have nothing to do with each other. I think you have marked them as Watched in XBMC, so in the XBMC Library.
Nothing was done on the website by the plugins, there is no way for the plugins to know that you have done something on the XBMC Library at the moment (At least I think).
SyAccursed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice add-on for us lazy folks!

Not really tested it a huge amount yet, but seems a bit patchy on picking up shows in some places unfortunately
fallback

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maximeh wrote:
I think you are confusing the Mark as watched of XBMC and the Mark as Watched of MyEpisodes.

They have nothing to do with each other. I think you have marked them as Watched in XBMC, so in the XBMC Library.
Nothing was done on the website by the plugins, there is no way for the plugins to know that you have done something on the XBMC Library at the moment (At least I think).

Thank you. This made it clear Smile
So i mark my watched episodes manually on myepisodes.com and von now an everything is marked via the xbmc plugin.
maximeh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SyAccursed wrote:

Not really tested it a huge amount yet, but seems a bit patchy on picking up shows in some places unfortunately

Hi,

Have you tested the last version ? It should be alright with most of the shows, if you have example so I could find out what went wrong, it would be great.
maximeh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallback wrote:
maximeh wrote:

Thank you. This made it clear Smile
So i mark my watched episodes manually on myepisodes.com and von now an everything is marked via the xbmc plugin.

Your welcome Smile
Yep, it should. If you have any trouble, let me know.
SyAccursed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maximeh wrote:
SyAccursed wrote:

Hi,

Have you tested the last version ? It should be alright with most of the shows, if you have example so I could find out what went wrong, it would be great.

I have been using the latest version it's had trouble with absolute number animes, but I expected that since tvrage uses the seasoned numbering.

But I've had a few odd ones in normal shows not work such as a couple of Charmed episodes, not tried any current shows so it may be something to do with em being so old.

Unless I misunderstood latest release it shouldn't matter unless it's failsafeing to file name for some strange reason but I use:
Charmed
---Season 01
----01 - blah.mp4

Structuring which obviously wouldn't detect by filename without extended regex like you can put into advancedsettings.xml
maximeh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it would try to find the name of the show from the XBMC Library, it implies that you have scanned your files and filled the library's entries correctly.

If there is nothing, it will look at the filename, which is 01 - blah.mp4 and will find nothing.

Quote:

Structuring which obviously wouldn't detect by filename without extended regex like you can put into advancedsettings.xml

I did'nt get that part, what do you mean by that ? I don't know anything about regex in advancedsettings.xml
trogdorsmith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maximeh,

Just wanted to thank you again for all of the work you put in on this addon. I tried a few different naming structures, and found that with naming the files showname_S01E01.ext works flawlessly. Previously I was using either a period or a space as a delimiter between the shows and it had a few issues with some shows. Using the underscore it has had no issues.

Thank you so much again!
kurai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just downloaded & installed the 1.07 zip from github page, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm getting the following error in xbmc.log :-
Code:
20:38:08 T:139896127739648   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'Player' object has no attribute '_playbackLock'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.myepisodes/default.py", line 150, in onPlayBackEnded
                                                self._tearDown()
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.myepisodes/default.py", line 67, in _tearDown
                                                if self._playbackLock:
                                            AttributeError: 'Player' object has no attribute '_playbackLock'

That was with standard `basic` logging - would a higher debug` loglevel tell you anything more helpful ?

(XBMC Version 12.2 `Frodo`)

[EDIT]

Fixed by maximeh with an updated default.py file at Github

Thank you Very Happy
Croq

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we go about reporting series that XBMC has different than MyEpisodes? Or maybe there could be a way to have a cross-reference setup file that we could manage ourselves, so that way we could connect shows that don't match up, but not clutter up your code with potentially hundreds of shows.

Here are some shows I'm having issues with:

XBMC: The Tomorrow People (2013)
MyEp: The Tomorrow People (US)

XBMC: Scandal (2012)
MyEp: Scandal

XBMC: Last Man Standing (2011)
MyEp: Last Man Standing

XBMC: I'm a Celebrity: Get Me Out of Here!
MyEp: I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! (UK)

And this one is extra strange because the names match. Well, that was weird, it didn't work the first time, but just loaded another episode and it matched up correctly.

XBMC: Parenthood (2010)
MyEp: Parenthood (2010)

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I've come across since installing it earlier today.
maximeh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. I really oughta better the way to match show... I have something in mind, I will try it this week end.
kenni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thank you very much for this Add-On!

I really love that it ads New shows automatically.Smile

But I have one problem With it so far.
The show "Revolution"
In Myepisodes add on it gets added as Revolution (2005)

I had to add the correct one manually in myepisodes.com
where it gets called Revolution (2012)
but the add on still refers to Revolution (2005)

In XBMC: Revolution (en)
In Myepisodes : Revolution (2012) (the correct one.)
maximeh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made what I hope will be improvements.

Now to match a show with MyEpisodes, I will look through the list of show that you already follow (scraping the page Time I've wasted).
I will try to find the show loosely, it means that, it will not look at an exact match for the title of the show.
Which should solve the problem you guys are having with (US), (UK) or (Year) in the show name.

Now, to make this work for problematic show name, you must add them by hand in MyEpisodes and you *MUST* add at least one episode as watched, otherwise it will not appear in "Time I've Wasted".

Once a show is in this page, it will be the priority search.
From my test, it should now also work if you watch for example; Doctor Who AND Doctor Who (2005).
Of course, for this kind of subtleties, your episodes MUST be parsed correctly, which means good file name or a good entry in the XBMC database.
uberkhan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Sync multiple XBMCstallations Reply with quote

Hi, thanks so much for the script. What I cannot tell is if it will use MyEpisodes to update multiple implementations?

This would be a huge step forward. Right now, XBMC requires the whole "install mySQL" thing to sync multiple instances.

If you could sync to myepisodes on multiple units - wow would that be powerful and super handy.
maximeh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Sync multiple XBMCstallations Reply with quote

uberkhan wrote:
Hi, thanks so much for the script. What I cannot tell is if it will use MyEpisodes to update multiple implementations?

This would be a huge step forward. Right now, XBMC requires the whole "install mySQL" thing to sync multiple instances.

If you could sync to myepisodes on multiple units - wow would that be powerful and super handy.

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but if you want to update MyEpisodes from multiple XBMC instance, simply install the plugin on each one of them and configure it.
I don't think there will be a trouble if you want to use it with a shared account either.
uberkhan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Sync multiple XBMCstallations Reply with quote

maximeh wrote:
uberkhan wrote:

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but if you want to update MyEpisodes from multiple XBMC instance, simply install the plugin on each one of them and configure it.
I don't think there will be a trouble if you want to use it with a shared account either.

The question is: is it bidirectional? So if I watch it on one device and it uploads that I watched the show will the script on the other device 'sync' with My Episodes and put a check mark that i have watched it?
maximeh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Sync multiple XBMCstallations Reply with quote

uberkhan wrote:
maximeh wrote:
uberkhan wrote:

The question is: is it bidirectional? So if I watch it on one device and it uploads that I watched the show will the script on the other device 'sync' with My Episodes and put a check mark that i have watched it?

Oh, that's a neat idea. I haven't looked at the possibility for a plugin to mark a file as "viewed", which would be the first step.
I know for a fact, that I can't be notified or ask for a scan of the library, and hus, can't look at any files already in XBMC's database.

I know that Gotham will bring API to be notified of a scan of the library, but I haven't looked enough to be sure it will be possible.
kurai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi maximeh.

Getting an exception error with 1.0.13 after it autoupdated today.

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) :
               -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
               Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
               Error Contents: global name 'mye' is not defined
               Traceback (most recent call last):
                  File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.myepisodes/default.py", line 173, in <module>
                     player = Player()
                  File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.myepisodes/default.py", line 36, in __init__
                     if not mye.is_logged:
                  NameError: global name 'mye' is not defined
               -->End of Python script error report<--
maximeh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kurai,

thank you very much.

I just released a 1.0.14 and ask the XBMC folks to update as soon as possible.

Trully sorry for the noise.
I hope that's the only problem as I could not test the current version at the moment but wanted to fix this problem asap.
kurai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.0.14 installed and tested and confirmed working 100%

Thanks again for your quick fixes.
YoYoost

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Shows not recognised? Reply with quote

Hi, I just noticed that NCIS: Los Angeles and Hawaii Five-0 arent recognised. Can I do something to log this and send it to you?
Or is it possible to make Sickbeard do something in post processing that helps recognise shownames?
maximeh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry I did not see your message earlier, anyway, if you could activate the debug log, try to watch the show until the add ons fails and paste your log somewhere so I could access it, it should be enough for me to debug it.

Thanks in advance !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> User Contributions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: