MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donation accepted through Patreon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceMan
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:57 am    Post subject: Donation accepted through Patreon Reply with quote

Hi everyone.

We have setup a patreon page for myepisodes:
https://www.patreon.com/myepisodes

What is patreon?
Patreon is a way to pay your favorite creators for making the stuff you love. Instead of literally throwing money at your screen (trust us, that doesn’t work), you can now pledge a few bucks per month. For example, you could pledge $2.50 per month. This means the creator gets paid regularly, and you become a bonafide, real-life patron of the creator. That’s right. Imagine your favorite creators making a living doing what they do best… because of you.

Here is a youtube video explaining it in more detail: What is Patreon.

Why? Supporting www.myepisodes.com on Patreon will allow me to cover the costs of running the site and keep the site ad-free. In the future, it will also allow me to do cool stuff like getting help with design or even assistance with making mobile apps! This would be a huge help.

How? Our patreon page is setup as a monthly subscription. We have made a reward system that will give you access to additional features. I would like to convince you to choose one, even at $1 your subscription means the world to me. You can pay using a paypal account or credit card. You can cancel your subscription at any time.

What? If you would like to go above and beyond to help me do things like a new feature, functionality, change the design or other special stuff. Pledging a larger subscription will definitely help do these things.

Subscription/Rewards
Donator Credit - Pledge $1.00 or more per month
Donator badge - Special badge only donators get. (Under development)
Patron-only feed - You get access to our patron-only feed.

VIP Feature - Pledge $2.50 or more per month
iCal Feeds - The ability to import your calendar in your Google Calendar, iOS, Android etc. More info
CSV Exports - Get a CSV for all your show/episode data. More info
Trigger data refreshes - Refresh any show and help keep myepisode up to date. (Ready)
Advanced filtering - Filter shows by genre, classification, language, country, network, year and runtime. (Under development)
Short profile URL - Link to your profile using http://www.myepisodes.com/username for easier sharing. (Under development)
New Features - You will get to test new features before they are released to everyone else.
VIP forum - Private forums to discuss things.
VIP badge - Special badge only for the VIP. (Under development)

VIP Feature + Executive Producer Credit - Pledge $5.00 or more per month
All VIP features listed above.
Rolling Profile Credit - Your profile and time wasted statistics will be displayed in the rolling header. (Under development)

Previous donators
Because we are introducing the subscription model now, all the donators who donated just before our paypal account was closed - will of cource also get the VIP reward for X months (calculated by donation devided by $2.5 per month).

Final thoughts
It is ironically enough, that paypal close our account, but you can still use your paypal account to pay on patreon. Wink
With the patreon setup, it is also fully transparent how much (or little) is actually going into the website. The current goal is just to get all costs of the site covered.

You can also read more on the donation page: Donate.

Thank you to everyone
I would greatly appreciate your financial support. Thank you to everyone who is subscribing.
The Patreon model has us place rewards here to entice you to donate, but if we are both honest … you read this because you understand what I am trying to do with www.myepisodes.com, and you think the huge amount of time I put into the site is worth it! You “get it”. You are probably a fellow TV show addict.
maatriks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The work you have done over the years... amazing. As I tend to block ads (sorry) I had even more incentive to support you via patreon Smile
Telecart

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your continued support over the years. Happy to be a patron!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: