MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

University Challenge id-4798 not updating new episodes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gidcacgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: University Challenge id-4798 not updating new episodes Reply with quote

There are at least two new episodes on TVMaze, one that has been there for about a week I think--definately more than two days--and not making it to this site.

https://www.myepisodes.com/show/id-4798/

http://www.tvmaze.com/shows/4085/university-challenge/episodes
RaveDave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 17 was added a few hours ago on TVMaze, that new episode pushed an update through to here and the listing is now up to date.
gidcacgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I'd only waited another hour or three? Oh well; thanks for checking on it. Sorry to use up your time if it was just going to fix itself. Doh!
RaveDave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it, it only took a minute to check it, (until my slight OCD kicked in and i seen the mess of the episode list at TVMaze and started filling in all the missing universities lol) this site should have updated when episode 16 was added a week or so ago, but this delay their api has in updating sometimes causes this to happen

An example of what happens

4:00pm New Episode Added to TVMaze Site
4:15pm Myepisodes syncs with TVMaze api, so myepisodes records on its database that it has updated this show at 4:15pm
4:30pm TVMaze api updates to include new episode which notes the episodes time as being updated at 4:00pm

Everytime myepisodes checks this show listing at TVMaze it will show last updated at 4:00pm and myepisodes has updated at 4:15pm so it thinks everything is up to date, its only now and again that this happens, if it does please let me know by posting and i can check it out, any episode added to TVMaze should show up on here within 24 hours.
gidcacgo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, Officially on the BBC website, the episode names are "Episode 16" and the like, and I believe TVMaze policy is to use official episode names.

Putting the teams names in the episode names prior to air for any match past the first round (the first 14 episodes) is potentially a spoiler (for the results of the teams' previous episodes), and therefore, if you feel the need to make an episode name other than "Episode 17", it would be best to make it "Round 2, Match 1" or similar.
RaveDave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As i don't watch the show i wouldn't normally get involved in editing it on TVMaze, but after my attention was brought to it and i seen the haphazard way it was listed, some episodes being labeled with episode numbers, others having the date of the episode as a title, and the vast majority having the two universities as the titles i decided it would be better to tidy it up into the same format, if the guys at TVMaze want to change it no problem, but it does need some sort of uniformity, i don't intend to get involved with it again on their site, i'll leave it up to them.
gidcacgo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, my objection to the potential spoiler team name based episode names is only for the current running season; any older data you were able to add or clean up can only be appreciated. And in general, any time spent accurately cleaning up this type of data is thankless and appreciated by me (as someone who spent a lot of time getting the TVRage episode names and dates for PBS's NOVA, and to a lesser extent Nature, correct before TVRage left us all in the lurch).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Recycle All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: