MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TVDB as info and episode provider

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like tvdb info & episode numbers
YES
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
NO
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 4

G3N3R4L3N

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:01 am    Post subject: TVDB as info and episode provider Reply with quote

Hi,

I suggest you use thetvdb.com as episode provider, many of your not so mainstream series are have faulty 'aired' dates, and wrong episode order.

on top of my head the worst are 'Bonderøven', '8 out of 10 cats does countdown' and the problem child 'American dad'

kodi piggyback-rides on tvdb, so it could be nice if Myep, tvdb and player talked same "language"
RaveDave

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally not a fan of tvdb, mainly because i have spent a crazy amount of hours fixing incorrect data from tvdb that was imported into tvmaze, a big problem with tvdb is they allow episodes to be added to their database with no episode titles or airdates.

I had a look at the three shows you mentioned;

Bonderøven - this show is a mess on both sites, there were some episodes missing on tvmaze i have added them to the site, so that should at least fix that, i found what appears to be the official website for the show and neither tvdb, tvmaze or wikipedia match it, the official site is listing episodes by the year they aried rather than by seasons, both sites should really follow the official site.

8 out of 10 cats does countdown - i looked at both sites the only difference i could find was tvmaze had 2 episodes in a different season to tvdb and the tvdb listing matched channel 4 so i moved the 2 episodes on tvmaze.

American Dad - The big issue with this show seems to go back to season 1 and both sites don't agree on what is season 1 and what is season 2. I am not going to get involved with tvmaze on this one as there seems to have been numerous discussions about it on their site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: