MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPhone App
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you download a myepisodes app for your iphone?
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 49 ]
No
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 58

Lee85

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: iPhone App Reply with quote

Hi, I dont know how easy it would be, but an app for the iphone would be brilliant, just an idea, I'm not a programmer myself at all but if someone is willing to put the time in then this would be great.
rayshows

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading an RSS feed is quite easy. The URL's are provided on this site. What I think members would like is a method of reading and updating their episodes contained in their user accounts from an iPhone app.

If someone has already written an iPhone App, I am sure there are lots of mac users willing to help test it.
kizer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The android has one aka G1 phone from T-mobile. Heres where it is if others want to download it.

http://www.cyrket.com/package/uk.co.madmouse.myepisodes.viewer

Nevermind the idiots that are reviewing it since they do not understand what the site is about in the first place.
kizer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a few screen shots.

I'm sure if somebody contacted the dev in that link I posted up abvoe he might share the code since its Java based and I'm pretty sure the iPhone isn't much different.

Oh yeah the X's turn to Green Check marks when you click on them and yes it does update your status on your watched Episodes. Very Happy

Currently it only shows Episodes that are available to show I guess. It doesn't show episodes that are off season or that have been discontinued so there must be some logic built into it which I really enjoy.

As well I do believe and the reason I say do believe is I've just recently reinstalled this app, but I think the last time I had it installed and in resident memory in the background it alerted me a few minutes before a episode started. I might be wrong, but I could of sworn it did.
smithapi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Recommand!! AppStore API - retrieve information from AppStor Reply with quote

Today I am Searching for an application which extract data from Apple Store and i found this
APPLE IPHONE APPSTORE API.This API isto retrieve information from App Store. With help of App Store API you can download all applications

information along with their developer, description, images and so on.

Get access to all categories

Books
Business
Education
Entertainment
Finance
Games
Action
Adventure
Healthcare & Fitness

and so on.

Store all fields available in AppStore like:
Application ID, Name, Seller, Category, Developer, Release Date, Price, Description and so on. Export

information to CSV, XML or other formats.

Before I Buy its Lifetime Support i want like to hear for you people

Check it and tell me about it!!
Lee85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: any update Reply with quote

just wondering if this is an idea that anyone would be willing to work on, i for one would be willing to pay a small amount for an app!

love this website, a nice interface for the iphone would be great though!
union76

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: For sure Reply with quote

I would buy the myepisodes iphone app.

Regarding the Android version, as is the case with most android apps...it is UGLY.
ianmen

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have created a very simple app which just read's the RSS feed and translate it into a list view. This took me about 2 hours of typing code. Bellow there is screenshot of the app. Again it is just a beginning. If there are still people who want an iphone app for MyEpisodes. I will work on this app more to get it fully operational.

If i'm going the create the app I need some help. Specially somebody who is handy/good with photoshop to create some splash screens and things.

Some of the functions that I want to implement:
- Day view
- List view
- Show overview
- maybe mark items as acquired or watched

- Any more functions you folks like to see ? I can't code every thing so don't expect to much.

Like to hear your toughs on this.

P.s forgive me for my poor english
ianmen

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like there is not that much interest in this project/app ?
Lee85

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would still be very interested in this app.

unfortunately i'm not very good with photoshop so couldn't help create it, sorry!

some ideas;

- links to tvrage for episodes,
- tabs at bottom of page for My Episodes, Quick Edit, Forum, My Shows etc

if i think of anything else i'll add it, cheers
sim

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ianmen wrote:
Looks like there is not that much interest in this project/app ?

I would certainly pay for this app.

I have two TV episode related apps but neither are that great.

My Shows can track what you have watched but you have to manually choose the latest episode.

TV forecast is good at showing what is coming but doesnt track what you have watched.

What I have done is take the link to the episode list page and make that an icon on my iPhone. Then I can update shows as I watch them. However the screen size doesnt work that well - lots of empty space and hard to click the check boxes.
aEnigma

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thought i'd take a look at it, but seems like you need osx for iphone (etc) sdk
cobbly

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would happily pay for such an app. I am unable to do it, partly because of a lack of skill and partly because of a lack of a MAC, both are requirements.

But if someone else is willing to make it that'd be awesome. what id like would just be to see the upcoming shows and be able to mark them as aquired/watched. The calendar view would be nice too.
Septic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting next week my brand new mac and i will look into that (also have an apple developer license)

The only problem is that there is really no good api to work against, a webservice would ease it and the app would be done pretty fast!

So how it currently looks I either have to live with rss only or log into the site and parse the myepisodes view, then also the acquire and watch boxes should be no problem!

update:

I've already managed to load alle episodes from the myEpisodes View and to set the Acquired/Watched Checkbox and auto save, so I just have to fit the data into an UI and we are ready to go Wink
cobbly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great septic, looking forward to it.

Course you'll also have to wait for apple to approve the thing :p
Septic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but i Hope they'll do it within two weeks. But since i'm going to write the App With Monotouch i'm a little Bit concerned about the New dev-agreement which now has the stupid "has to Be written with c" clause

we'll see!
Septic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

today I got my mac mini and started so here are some Screenshots:

So, what do you think so far?

Is there something you'd like to see?

My Request is that somebody please make a nice 27x27, 57x57 and 512x512 icon so that those look good! (I'm a total graphics noob)
cobbly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good septic.

Bit hard to tell from the screenshot exactly which list you are picking up there, but it would be nice to be able to group the shows by name as well as date(tho the search function could perhaps replace that), and also to filter the list by aquired/watched

not sure if this is possible, but if there was a link in the ep to the tvrage page, that would be awesome

can't wait to be able to get it Smile
Septic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good ideas, i see what i can do tomorrow

the list is the myepisodes list, directly from the website, so every setting like days forward/backward, show all, only acquired etc is reflected to the app
Lee85

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be good to have tabs along the bottom, maybe;
"episodes list", "quick edit", "shows list", "search shows / add shows"

again, no idea how to do this but just thought i would add some suggestions!!
Septic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i had a little time and added the Shows tab, it's now possible to add, ignore, delete a show and search for shows von myepisodes.com

What should i show within QuickEdit?

I could make three switches for Acquire, Watch, Ignored and then i show the episodes grouped by show ordered alphabetically, and also a filter by showname (excluding all the episodes because then the result isn't as good to use i think)

Edit: I added the TVRage Support about an hour later

so current status:

cobbly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I'm impressed septic. Looking great.

Quote:
I could make three switches for Acquire, Watch, Ignored and then i show the episodes grouped by show ordered alphabetically, and also a filter by showname (excluding all the episodes because then the result isn't as good to use i think)

Sounds good. I'm not sure if you mean the shows would be ordered alphabetically or the episodes. But it would be good if the episodes were ordered either by date or episode number. The shows to be ordered alphabetically. Basically if you can replicate this page - http://www.myepisodes.com/views.php?type=quickcheck
I would be very happy.

Any chance of a calendar view? Not sure if possible.
Septic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's possible, but i don't know exactly how to, i would have to use a external control, because the iphone calender is not available Sad

yeah i meant exactly as on the quick check view

Edit 16.06:

The CalendarView is so far complete, QuickEdit also (but I don't like it, there are too many episodes for my taste)

The only thing missing is the Control Panel (which fields should I show?)

And then I have to think of some good error messages and display them accordingly
partyandbs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love this app, I need this app, the ones i have on the iphone now are far too slow and i hate having to manually add them from the phone, they focus more on styling of the app and looks more than focus on speed and content, I just want to be able to see whats coming on today from my selected shows.

Are you still working on this?
Septic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep I am, first version won't have caching, but I'm considering it for the next update, so that you instantly see something,

currently you still have to wait till the myepisodes webserver responds Wink

I'm just waiting for a 512x512 icon, so that i can put it up on the itunes store -> i want to take the myepisdes logo, but it's to small - so I'm waiting for a response from Hostile/IceMen regarding a Vector Graphic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: