MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making acquire and watched independent as an option

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like the option to tick "watched" independent of ""acquired"?
Yes
81%
 81%  [ 9 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Troik

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Making acquire and watched independent as an option Reply with quote

Since it was mentioned here, I have a question about the buttons acquired/watched.

The idea is that you tivo something (acquire it) and watch it later, so you can tick "acquire" and leave "watched" empty. But if you tick "watched" "acquire" is automatically ticked because you have to acquire it first.

Now, I was wondering if it would be possible to get a user-option to remove this automatic dependency. The reason I'm asking is because recording something with my DVR doesn't really qualify as acquiring for me. I like to "watch" shows (life or delayed) and then buy them later on DVD. This way I could easily track what shows I have already on DVD (quite a few) and which I still need to buy (if they become available).

Does this make any sense to you, would it be possible to make this an option?

In any case, thanks for the site, wouldn't know what to do without it.

Last edited by Troik on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
astv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troik wrote:
Does this make any sense to you, would it be possible to make this an option?

I moved this post into requests, you can edit the title, and you should add a poll like in the instructions.

Speaking not as a mod, I personally don't like this idea. Perhaps modify it to add an additional user-selectable status besides acquired and watched. I don't need that, but I'm not opposed to it.

And you really buy DVDs of every show you watch?
Troik

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

astv wrote:
I moved this post into requests, you can edit the title, and you should add a poll like in the instructions.
Thank you for helping me out.

astv wrote:
Speaking not as a mod, I personally don't like this idea. Perhaps modify it to add an additional user-selectable status besides acquired and watched. I don't need that, but I'm not opposed to it.
Of course I don't want to change the experience for anybody if they don't want to, that's why I said from the beginning, that it should be an Option in the users control panel, where you set up colors, regional settings and all other settings for the "Show List".

astv wrote:
And you really buy DVDs of every show you watch?
Well, of course not every show, I've been watching shows for nearly 30 years now and buying them on DVD only for 3 or so, and besides, there are plenty of shows that never make it on DVD and/or got canceled way to early. But yes, I try to, at least enough to warrant my wish for such a feature, I have about a 100 Season and Complete Series Boxes, maybe for 50-60 Shows in total at the moment and I'm losing track fast, so sooner or later I will need to make a list, on paper or as a excel sheet or something, but I'd much rather keep track of them with myepisodes.com which I already use almost daily.

Oh and just so that I have mentioned it, a list view that would show all watched but not acquired eps or seasons, would of course be the cherry on top, but I'm good either way.
uda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can change the request to "add an acquire option per season when it has a dvd pack release".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: