MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recent problems with myepisodes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lwiczek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Recent problems with myepisodes? Reply with quote

Hi,
For few days i had problems with myepisodes.com, ie. when i've tried opening the page i was redirected to some other page... was it only me or there was something wrong? if the second - will it be ok now? Very Happy
the_man_stephen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been redirected to anywhere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
astv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You probably need to put in your email address.
jantje2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem.I use Firefox as browser and I think there is the problem.When I use IE the login works fine.
Maybe it can help you
Kind regards
Very Happy
lwiczek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was getting this page:

Quote:
2FAST™ Business Hosting

The Requested site www.myepisodes.com

is hosted by
2FAST™ Business Hosting
For further information about 2FAST™ Business Hosting , visit

[ www.2FAST.dk ]

tho' I haven't thought about trying IE [I'm using Opera for that matter]...
Hostile
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe that was iceman transffering the website.

Is this still returning ?
lwiczek

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATM it's working ok... we'll se Smile
lwiczek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the situation with the site is very awkward :/ Most of the time it's not working for me [i'm being redirected or something to "2FAST™ Business Hosting"]... sometims it does work but only for a while...
Anyhow - i've found a solution - using an anonymus proxy server... don't know why, but when using it all problems are gone... Does the site have some blacklist of IPs? Sad
astv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an issue with the dns. Post the IP address your computer thinks myepisodes.com belongs to.

(Try ping www.myepisodes.com, and post the IP address it will mention.)
lwiczek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATM it's IP is 62.199.231.10... but I can use the site without proxy... I'll try that when it's off (for me) and then also post the results.
lwiczek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I can't use the site and ping point to IP=62.199.234.42... a little bit strange IMHO...

Could it be also something with my IP? I've checked with few friends [event within same domain, it *.internetdsl.tpnet.pl] and while I was unable to acces the page they could...
astv

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a caching issue with DNS. DNS servers are programed to cache IP addresses. You're getting different IP's because you have 2 (or more) different DNS servers your computer talks to. Depending on which one (random) you talk to you'll get a different IP.

Why that DNS server is caching the wrong IP I don't know. Clearly the IP changed, but by now the DNS sever should have rechecked it.

You could work around it by removing one or the other DNS server from your configuration. I don't remember how to do it in window though. Probably something using the ipconfig command.

Or go to TCP/IP properties in Networking and check there. Probably DNS is set to automatic - you'll have to make it manual and then add some DNS servers there.
lwiczek

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, i've set to manual dns and use addresses that i've used on modem [modem was in *.tpnet.pl network, now i'm using wifi which is connected to DSL in same network]... That make no difference... But today [with the same dnv, ip addres] i'm able to acces the site...
If the only problem is with the wrong dns resolving could you give me an 'ip' version of the site? i've tried using http://62.199.231.10/ but it only gives me some test page... i'm assuming that the ip doesn't change often Smile
astv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lwiczek wrote:
OK, i've set to manual dns and use addresses that i've used on modem [modem was in *.tpnet.pl network, now i'm using wifi which is connected to DSL in same network]... That make no difference... But today [with the same dnv, ip addres] i'm able to acces the site...

Try having just one DNS server, and test, then try another one, etc. Once you find the bad one don't use it (use two other ones) - or report it to them.

lwiczek wrote:

If the only problem is with the wrong dns resolving could you give me an 'ip' version of the site? i've tried using http://62.199.231.10/ but it only gives me some test page... i'm assuming that the ip doesn't change often Smile

Yah that won't work on multi homed sites, but do this:

Edit (do file->open in notepad, don't try to dbl click the file names):
whichever you have:
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

And add these two lines to it:

62.199.231.10 myepisodes.com
62.199.231.10 www.myepisodes.com

There should be no need to reboot, but you might need to close and reopen your browser.

If you do this I would suggest you leave yourself a note to remove it in 2 weeks or a month. I should hope the DNS server would have rechecked it's cache by then.
lwiczek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astv wrote:
Try having just one DNS server, and test, then try another one, etc. Once you find the bad one don't use it (use two other ones) - or report it to them.

Huh... for now ME work just fine so I can't test it :]
But anyway - i've only used those two servers [once one was 'Preffered' and second 'Alternate' and the other way around]. I've also checked what DNS were used during automatic configuration, and it showed same servers...

Quote:
Yah that won't work on multi homed sites, but do this:
[tip]

Will try it when it'll be possible Wink

Btw. Than you very much for your support!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: