MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need more series like these
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostNULL

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the tips folks. Seen most of the shows mentioned but at least I got a few more to check out. Smile
joesparano

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
--- Shows I watch for the Actresses ---

My series list isn't the same, but I certainly acknowledge the phenomenon. Without fail, my favorite shows feature at least one mega-cute girl. Sad, but essential. Wink
Buddybaba

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Anyone watch "Wire in the Blood"? Reply with quote

BBC series about Dr. Tony Hill (Robson Green of Touching Evil") a profiling psychologist who has a practice outside the police but gets called in on serial murders and such. Very tight writing and good acting. There are three seasons out now. I highly recommend it. Sometimes not for the faint of heart.
FidoFuz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socrates wrote:
If you haven't seen Babylon 5 yet I recommend that as well. It's a bit like Battlestar Galactica but better (IMHO). Just know that it's an older show and while the graphics were stunning for its time, now they might seem outdated (the graphics were all done on Amiga renderfarms, very cutting edge back then).
Better than BSG? that's a leap, but each to their own I suppose. I hated Babylon 5 when it was aired, I was a complete sci-fi junkie and would watch any old pap as long as it was sci-fi, but for some reason I hated Babylon 5. I think it might have been exactly the stunning CGI effects you describe. I like to be immersed in the story but every time I saw one of those clean-cut CGI sequences, that's all I could see, a CGI sequence and could not immerse myself in the setting.

Anyways after running dry on other sci-fi I decided to d/l and watch the series from the start and got hooked. I loved it once I got rid of my hang-ups. Saying that, it's nowhere near as slick as BSG, but the first 4 seasons are enjoyable.[/quote]

Socrates wrote:
Andromeda (better than Enterprise)

Andromeda is the junk food of tv sci-fi, not as good as enterprise but enjoyable nonetheless.

Socrates wrote:
Star Trek Voyager (I still think this is the best trek out there)

Couldn't agree more.

Socrates wrote:
Firefly (13 eps. another great)

Fabulous series, filled with great atmosphere, a tradgedy it was cut short so prematurely.

Some others worth considering:

Odyssey 5 (enjoyable sci-fi, cut short similarly to firefly)
Eureka! (still running and complete garbage, but I just can't help myself but watch)
Lexx (classic sci-fi with a dodgy sense of humour, was an enjoyable watch until the final season turned the sublime to the ridiculous)
Sliders (Good fun until it became a bit repetitive)
Dune/Children of Dune miniseries (does some justice to Dune where the movie failed)
V (more of a soap opera with aliens, but enjoyable nonetheless)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: