MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Watch/Acquire All" Option for SeriesWatch

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want this request?
Yes - I would find that request useful.
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
No - I would not find that request useful.
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

joesparano

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:10 am    Post subject: "Watch/Acquire All" Option for SeriesWatch Reply with quote

[Request Name]
"Watch/Acquire All" Option for SeriesWatch

[Description]
With the current setup, SeriesWatch will only indicate that the most recent episode needs to be Acquired or Watched. This has two (subjectively) negative effects:
    1: If the user fails to Acquire an episode before a newer episode airs, SeriesWatch will skip past the first episode. This is especially inconvenient when a series airs two new episodes in a single day.
    2: If the user chooses to Watch a series out of order (jumping ahead), SeriesWatch will skip the episodes in between.
In either case, the skipped episodes can be Watched/Acquired on the expanding tree - but this is less than ideal. SeriesWatch works so well because of its automation. Reviewing the tree for missing episodes counteracts this functionality.

The request: allow the user to indicate that a series or season should be tracked in its entirety. Any skipped episodes will be displayed after the most recent episode has been Watched or Acquired. In essence, the system will begin to work backwards through those episodes.

[Target URL]
http://www.myepisodes.com/myshows.php
TheDream

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well why not just use Quick Edit?? I mean if you series are �fucked up� then you can quickly correct that problem with Quick Edit.

I don�t know if it is me that are missing the point here or not, but if I am not missing something here then I am pretty sure that Quick Edit will help you out Confused
joesparano

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I mind using the tree or Quick Edit, I would just appreciate the ability for SeriesWatch to be fully automatic. I'm a believer in the be-all-end-all approach: I want one screen to do everything.

Plus, BitTorrent is only an option for a short while - after which - an older episode may not be available. I want to know as soon as possible if I'm missing something.
Hostile
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice requests.

Basically every show will have another mode, like "Ignored" or "Split-able", that will enable you to make sure you acquire everything.
About watch, the functionality of watch is already doing what you want, serieswatch will take the oldest acquired episode and bug you about it.
joesparano

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hostile - you're right about the current Watch behavior.

It is functioning as I'd like - but it (obviously) requires those in-between episodes to be acquired first. This will work hand-in-hand with an "Acquire All". Thanks for clarifying.
IdNotFound

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I greatly support this. It has been a problem for me, when sometimes I miss a whole week of episodes because I was too busy to get up to date.

Recently I found out by accident that I had watched the last episode of a series and skipped the previous one due to an incorrect Acquire suggestion. Razz

As mentioned, not critical, but would be extremely more comfortable and a bit safer aswell (regarding not missing any eps).
AoD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't really found this to be a problem before, because I just used some alternate way to set the other episode that aired to acquired. What changed is that tv.com says that Lost: Revelations is S02E201. Currently this means that all remaining episodes will no longer be shown in SeriesWatch which, imho, can be a little problem. So this request has my support! If it's not too much to ask for, make it happen and make lot of users happy Very Happy

[edit]
Hm, ok.. Not reading very well I see. Hostile, you say it does this already. But, for example, take Supernatural. This shows last episode has been mistakenly named S255E11. If it has been acquired and seen it will not show up as coming, probably because the current season number is lower. It does show up in My Episodes and the Calender as usual. Or is this a different problem?
landun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the problem with Lost: Revelations and Supernatural 1x11 was because the data on tv.com was (and still is) wrong. There's a thread about more reliable listings here.
AoD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it does not work as it should. This has been proven today, and will be proven again tomorrow, as two episodes of 24 aired/are airing. Only the newest episode shows up in SeriesWatch.
Lost completely disappeared after Lost: Revelation was set to 'seen', probably because it's episode number is so high.
Wadash

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like something of this sort implemented.

Perhaps just as a simple "Aquire Oldest First" setting in the control panel.
(Making it work the same way as watched)

It would really help those of us who watch older shows. Currently I'm following a couple of shows as they are released on dvd and one that is airing on local tv - several episodes behind tv.com schedule.

Other than that small thing - it's a great site Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: