MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

personal rating system

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want this request?
Yes - I would find that request useful.
86%
 86%  [ 33 ]
No - I would not find that request useful.
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 38

hillfingerr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: personal rating system Reply with quote

[Request Name]
personal rating system

[Description]
let's say I go to the "Time I've wasted" page and i have there 40 shows, but i want to recommend 3 of them, the best 3 in my opinion, to a friend.
It would be really nice if i would have a rating option (1 to 10) somewhere, for every show i have added as watched, that would allow me to make a quick sort on the "Time I've wasted" page, in the same way i can sort there by status or name. it would only mean an extra column there and an extra option on the "Episodes by show" page for example (plenty of space where you put one Smile )

[Target URL]
http://www.myepisodes.com/life_wasted.php

[Comments]
I think this would be an added value to this already great site, that i have become totally dependent of. Wink
Tusk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to recommend this very same idea, but only with a bit of a difference, that you can rate episodes and after that it would show an average rating at the show's information/page.

It could have a same rating style like the A W part, so you can rate a whole season at once if you wish, but that's it, i'd say the show should not be rated only shows you a rating which is the average of the show. This way it is more reliable and accurate.

The rating system should be bigger then the normal 1-5, cause there's a lot of shows, i would say 1-10 would be the best.
yoga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Great idea Reply with quote

I like the idea of rating the shows itself and not the episodes. Similar to first post I would like to be able to recomend shows for my friends and find them easy in my lsit. i have waaaay to many in my show list to remember. Also it can be used for automatic recomendations for everyone the more they rate. It will also enable a "total rating" system which could be somewhat what tv.cm have but I get it right here on this site. Everything in one place.
C4rter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We definitely need the rating feature per episode.
That would be totally awesome.
The possibilities are endless, well, not endless but a Top 10 Series of "MyEpisodes.com" would be possible and I would see directly what I rated a season of a specific series.
The Season and Series Rating would be calculated via the episode-ratings
yoga

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a point there. Since we "check" each episode anyway in here I don't think people would mind setting a rating at the same time. No extra work. It would also be nice if you could set a rating for the season instead... especially for old series/seasons. The same could be argumented for setting rating for a complete show... giving the user the option to choose how much in detail he is willing to go. Data could just be mined for now and the functionality could be added later whatever it would be (endless possibility Smile ). Its nice to get the collection started as soon as possible.
Only_Sony

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would Love to be able to rate each episode separately.
toninh0

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only_Sony wrote:
I would Love to be able to rate each episode separately.

Ditto. I mark the episode as read after I watch. It would be awesome if we could rate it.
Worland102688

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love this feature.
L0STGR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great Razz Razz Razz
ata2931977

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: yes i will love that Reply with quote

i saw some and they were not so good, so i will love this feature, and if they will appear with diff color it will be nice or the normal 5 star raiting
pajzi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Combine with this:
http://www.myepisodes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=955

and this will be the greatest feature IMHO.
C4rter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to ask, if any of the developers considered hillfingerrs idea from 2011.

I would also be happy to help.
sabbath

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tusk wrote:
I was going to recommend this very same idea, but only with a bit of a difference, that you can rate episodes and after that it would show an average rating at the show's information/page.

It could have a same rating style like the A W part, so you can rate a whole season at once if you wish, but that's it, i'd say the show should not be rated only shows you a rating which is the average of the show. This way it is more reliable and accurate.

The rating system should be bigger then the normal 1-5, cause there's a lot of shows, i would say 1-10 would be the best.

Hi,
I just now joind this community. Found it on XBMC site. And everything looks really nice indeed! I have had my own way in tracking the shows i've seen through an excel document. But this is way better, i think i will send over all my information here instead. Only one thing i really need, and it is some kind of rating system. I do not wan't to keep watching a show which i found bad and there for need some kind of rating system. just as suggested above i would like to make the rating per season. i would be happy if there was 3, 5 or 10 to rate a episode or season. and i would like the rating to be shown in time i've wasted section.

Regards
The new user Sabbath Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: