MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MyEpisodes Google Calendar Gadget

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kpaul86

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: MyEpisodes Google Calendar Gadget Reply with quote

Hello fellow TV watchers,

I've been working on my first Google Calendar Gadget which (currently) accesses your MyEpisodes feed and displays it in your Google Calendar. It's a start, but not near feature complete. My goal is to have this gadget provide the iCal feed to be imported into the user's calendar, much like the script created by jamesking. I've also seen the iGoogle Gadget created by Xnient, but it didn't work in Google Calendar. No fault of his, just the gadget code is no longer cross compatible between the two.

The link below is to my Google+ post about the project and I've also included a few screenshots in the post of the gadget at work. Feel free to comment on either post and let me know what you think! Very Happy

https://plus.google.com/107016573589490200329/posts/Rp6zgPfFXqG

- kpaul86
Xnient
3rd party developer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Cool, thanks for sharing. Reply with quote

Cool, thanks for sharing.

Its kinda similar to what I made for iGoogle. (here)

Keep up the good work.

X
kpaul86

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking a look! Very Happy

Yep, I saw your gadget but couldn't get it to work in Google Calendar...on iGoogle it works great though! Definitely good work. However, I was looking for something to put into my Google Calendar as I don't really use my iGoogle page much (ok ever, lol).

My next step is to take the whole feed and convert it into iCal (like in jamesking's script) but this will be entirely through the gadget hosted on Google's servers so you wouldn't need your own server to run anything...or SSL so Google Calendar doesn't complain every time it opens.

I'm very interested on any/all feedback about the gadget too if you/anyone have suggestions or find any bugs, etc. This is only a "for-fun" project, but I'll try and keep up with updates and features.

-kpaul86
kpaul86

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently released 2 updates (0.8.2 and 0.8.3) that include fixes for content and style errors in IE and FF. The gadget will auto-update, so no need to re-install. If you still have trouble loading the feed or the styles appear a bit wonky, clear your browsers cache and it will pick up the update.

If you're new to my Google Calendar MyEpisodes gadget, let me know what you think. Feel welcome to request new features and/or let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks for taking a look! Very Happy
jamesking

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking in!

I can't claim full credit for "my" script, though I seem to be the main person maintaining it at present. It seems a lot of people have taken on similar projects, which is great. When I get home I'll take a look at your gadget on G+ Smile

James
waleed432

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice gadget thanks!

One problem though, your add to google button doesn't work for me in Firefox 7. IE9 no problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> User Contributions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: