MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alternatives to MyEpisodes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DropOnMe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject: Alternatives to MyEpisodes? Reply with quote

Does anyone know of other decent websites that also do what MyEpisodes.com does?

The bug that's been around for at least three months that stops shows updating from TVRage is getting worse - when it first started, only a few shows were affected and it's just grown over time - and for some reason, there has been nothing to indicate the bug is being worked on or that it's even been looked at.

It's not so much of an issue at the moment as most US shows are on the usual summer hiatus. But come the end of September when everything is back on the air, keeping track of what's airing and when is going to be a nightmare so I'd like to get setup elsewhere before then.

So, anyone know of anything?
Tutankhamun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's http://followmy.tv/ which is very similar this site. It also uses TV-Rage for the backend. There's also trakt.tv which is probably the biggest site and there's apps to use for it.

Those are the two I'm looking at.
wilhelmstroker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally use Trakt as it integrates very nicely with my Plex media server and has lots of apps but use myepisodes for calendar functionality (as that's a paid option for trakt users). Followmytv looks ok as well.
aydin1954

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would REALLY like that this bug is squashed as I love this site have been using it for many many years and I like the minimalist simple approach. I looked at other sites but they are all way too much for what I need as I do not want fancy graphics, pics, social networks and what have you.

So.... please fix it ASAP. Thanks.
facedancer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try pming Iceman on facebook.
off         off        Shows all
off         on         Shows unwatched
on          off        Shows unacquired
on          on         Shows unacquired and unwatched
aydin1954

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did PM him here sorry but I would not touch Facebook with a 10 ft pole. Never had an account and never will. Satan's invention.

If you have an email address please PM it to me.
chukpeev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out http://next-episode.net

You'll be able to get everything you had on MyEpisodes and more.

Active development and support and great iOS and Android apps.
sovarn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: DuckieTv Reply with quote

I have switched over to DuckieTV.

It stores the data locally so no app. But the thing I love about it is it downloads torrents automatically and keeps tracked of what's downloaded/watched. Other trackers doesn't keep track of download status.
creativeeye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DuckieTv Reply with quote

sovarn wrote:
I have switched over to DuckieTV.

It stores the data locally so no app. But the thing I love about it is it downloads torrents automatically and keeps tracked of what's downloaded/watched. Other trackers doesn't keep track of download status.

Thanks for sharing this site. It will be my choice Smile
bubb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no good alternative to this site, i have tried many others. Next-episode is the second best alternative but they have ads and/or is a paysite. All the others i have seen are much to bloated with graphics and functions and annoying html5 or whatever. I wish somebody could take over THIS site and repair it because this is the best of all i have seen. Simple to use and easy to look at. No ads, no clutter, no pictures. I wish all of the internet was as tidy as this site.
chukpeev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they had ads, they would've probably still be alive.

Ads or paid membership is not a bad thing when it keeps a quality site afloat.

This is why Next Episode is good and still around - check out the Premium Membership - it's free for 2 weeks - no ads, great additional features etc, clean and functional UI and awesome apps.
feibei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chukpeev wrote:

This is why Next Episode is good and still around - check out the Premium Membership - it's free for 2 weeks - no ads, great additional features etc, clean and functional UI and awesome apps.

TVmaze looks like the better alternative + completely free.
creativeeye

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feibei wrote:
chukpeev wrote:

TVmaze looks like the better alternative + completely free.

I agree
chukpeev

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also 1 year old Smile

Nothing is completely free, not for long, but you'll have to learn that on your own.
lokiju

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not change the database ?
my episode is the best tracker, most simple.
grelber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chukpeev wrote:

I to decided that this site is dead and moved to Next Episodes.
At least there is a admin that you can talk to.
jt4703

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for another tracker that has the two check box option for shows (acquired and watched). This is by far the most useful feature here and it is not on any of the others I've heard about to try. next-expisode looks nice, its pretty slim on graphics and fanciness, but it still only has the one mark. Right now I'm using two other trackers (one for download ticks, one for watch ticks) but it's tedious and cumbersom. I would like a one-stop-shop, preferably low on the flash and media. Any sane options out there?
cicelle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is trakt.tv who offer you that possibility.

And tvmaze will probably develop that very soon (that's my hope ^^).
jt4703

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally missed that feature when I tried it. It was so busy I couldn't figure out how to use it. I'm not a big fan of content changing as I scroll so the episode screenshots loading as I scrolled down totally turned me off. Thanks for letting me know that feature does exist somewhere else! Hoping tvmaze will implement it in some fashion as well.
bubb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand those other sites with huge pictures of everything and also those very dark color schemes. I can not look at them and stay calm i just get anxious with all that stuff everywhere on screen. And scrolling, i hate scrolling. Also all the "social functions" and "inter-linking" with everything.

Why can't the internet realize this is the type of design that works best, like this site. Clean and simple. This site exemplifies the golden age of internet. The beginning was a bit ugly, and buggy, like the late 90:s and early 00:s even if it was clean and simple then too. Then we evolved into this (mid/late 00:s), clean and simple but without bugs and ugliness. Sadly, it did not stop there. Then it become waay too much of everything. The 10:s.

Not only this site, but also this forum. This forum has amazing design. Have you seen newer types of forums? Very annoying, eventhough they have some very sleek features they are still just annoying. I will have to leave the internet.

This site has NOTHING to do with google or facebook. Only that in itself is amazing. No ads, no tracking, no connections at all. How the internet is supposed to be.
itcher

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bubb you will not like my suggestion!

I recommend Simkl. https://www.simkl.com. I was impressed by the breadth of information provided. It has a nice, fairly simple interface. I tried all other suggestions that have been posted here to date, and I think that Simkl is one of the best.
lokiju

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any other alternative , these sites seem very polluted , with many advertisements and images.

The part of the site "Episodes List" is the best , no site has something
IceMan
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, most "Returning" shows that were missing data have been updated.

Will take a few days to get everthing ralated to tvrage removed, but now we are getting data updated again.

If you see weird stuff/data - please submit a bug.
Gem1e

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this one,,,,,,,,,
https://schizoduckie.github.io/DuckieTV/
Cool Cool Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Chit Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: