MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rating Feature

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to rate individual episodes?
Yes
58%
 58%  [ 17 ]
No
41%
 41%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 29

Convex

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Rating Feature Reply with quote

I think it would be great if one could rate individual episodes. In the Serieswatch menu if you open a series�dropdown menu there would be a nice place for a rating feature, next to the "Acquired" and "watched" symbols.
I would recommend a x/10 rating since most people rate their episodes like that.
d4rko

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And maybe rate seasons too, as well as series.
TheDream

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you ask me Wink ... that is what we have Tv.com and Tvrage.com for

Last edited by TheDream on Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Buddybaba

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: TVage? Reply with quote

Do you have a web address for that one? I searched in Google and it came up blank. TV.com come is great!
AoD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's probably a typo.. i think he means tvrage.com Wink
Buddybaba

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks. I'm sure that was it. Reply with quote

I've been there before. Anyone use it? I still miss TVTome but use TV.com.

Very Happy You can access archives of TVTome at archive.org. Use the "wayback machine". It's slow and clunky but very cool. The forum link links you back to TV.com forums.
d4rko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you use two websites when you would be able to do it all with the cleaning and speed of myepisodes.com? Smile

I don't like tv.com design...really old fashioned and uncomfortable Razz
Erwin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think rating per show or season is the best way if it would be added. I don't think ppl would bother to rate per episode...
kurai

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, as long as the rating display can be disabled, or is not on the main episode list page, in case one doesn't want to see it.

I generally find that community rating systems like this quickly become pretty worthless. In a short space of time you end up with just the same handful of rabid fans voting everything 10, then an occasional swarm of haters who get all their friends to vote a particular episode as 1 for some random whim etc etc

You can then go 2 ways with dealing with it ... do simple raw averages and have exceedingly skewed and unrepresentative results, or alternatively apply a raft of sophisticated statistical analysis techniques to the data and end up being unable to distinguish meaningful results from `noise` because of the small sample size.

Either way - seems like a bit of a waste of the admins time to me Wink
GomiBushi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with TheDream.

Myepisodes should not become a all-in-one wondersite that does everything, but nothing well.

Keeping the site as simple as possible while still maintaining all its core functionality is exactly why myepisodes.com is the best site.

I am open for a few optional tie-ins though, much like some of the options already, where you can turn on/off the functionality.

I would personally like to see a small rating snatched from tv.com under the episode title in the all-in-one/serieswatch-page, but not everyone would want more clutter and should be able to turn it off/on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: