MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOWTO: add MyEpisodes to google calendar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saicrazyfire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm....seems like the episode air time is 4 hours off for me. Is there anyway to edit the file so I can add 4 hours to get the correct time? Also I want to be able to format the Title of the event so that the Episode name is on there. Is that possible? Thanks.
IIIIIIIIIIII

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, very nice. My thanks to everyone for their work on this project. The link at the end is dead simple to implement and in about 20 seconds I had this setup in gcal. I no longer "have to" check google reader, that's a great feeling.
IIIIIIIIIIII

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had set to receive notifications when events are canceled or reschedule and have noticed that all events will be canceled and reset but it won't mention by who. Has anyone else noticed it?
mazz0310

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saicrazyfire wrote:
hmmmm....seems like the episode air time is 4 hours off for me. Is there anyway to edit the file so I can add 4 hours to get the correct time? Also I want to be able to format the Title of the event so that the Episode name is on there. Is that possible? Thanks.

Mine is off by 4 hours too, any fix?
jamesking

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks,

I'll try and post up a version that changes the timing by 4 hours tomorrow.

In which direction is it 4 hours wrong?

I should also be able to add the episode title without too many problems, so I'll do two versions.

If someone could just confirm there's still a requirement for this I'll get on it Smile

Cheers,

James
mazz0310

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please JamesKing. The problem with the 4 hr thing is it depends on the timezone, its 4 hours for me because I'm EST, but google calendar assumes that the calendar is GMT +0:00 so for a show that is supposed to be on at 20:00 shows up on google calendar as 16:00.

Therefore it is 4 hrs earlier than it should be.

I think that the ical created by the script isn't assigned a timezone, if you can some how incorporate timezone (VTIMEZONE or w/e is the appropriate parameter) so that you can pick what timezone, and google calendar can read that then the problem is gone. Of course if it's too difficult I would be very happy if you just released a version that fixed the 4 hrs.
jamesking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Just been investigating where this problem comes from and it appears that, for me, the correctly offset time is in the RSS feed. So I checked my MyEpisodes Control Panel and found that there were settings to do with the time which change the RSS feed.

Can you change the settings here:
http://www.myepisodes.com/cp.php

Does this solve your problem? I'm not trying to be lazy - just find a more flexible solution for you Smile If it doesn't fix it I'll look at changing the starting time etc Smile

I'll post up a feed with the other request soon (episode name in event title, I think - I'll double check!!)
jamesking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
It seems this is a pretty easy thing to change Smile

Just need to change the following line:
Code:
$icalevent->add_property('summary', $title_data[0]." ".$title_data[1]);

to
Code:
$icalevent->add_property('summary', $title_data[0]." ".$title_data[1]." - ".$title_data[2]);

I've also updated both this revised version and my initial upload to solve a couple of minor bugs.

Firstly, the fact that there was an unneccessary file in the "cache" folder called "deleteme". I am now using the free and open source 7zip to zip files, and I didn't need to create this dummy file to create the zip. I've modified my instructions on page 3 to reflect this too.

Secondly, the apostrophe error, which resulted in episodes not showing up in Google Calendar at all, if they had an apostrophe in the episode name has been fixed. The episodes will now show up, but without the apostrophe in the episode name. This is of course gramatically incorrect, but then, at least it shows up!

Here are links to the two versions:

With Episode Title in Event Summary

Original version

Cheers,

James
mazz0310

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome JamesKing, so both of them are fixed, but just the option of having either the name is subject or not?

And the RSS feed makes sense I suppose, if that is 4 hours off in the other direction I guess it would cancel it out huh, wish I would have thought about that. And actually I beleive that the time was correct the first time and then I changed the RSS time.....stupid me!!!

Oh well, James King I appreciate your work and glad you helped.

EDIT: Hm that didn't seem to help, now the days are off by a few weeks.

Last edited by mazz0310 on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jamesking

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mazz0310 wrote:
Awesome JamesKing, so both of them are fixed, but just the option of having either the name is subject or not?
Correct.
mazz0310 wrote:

And the RSS feed makes sense I suppose, if that is 4 hours off in the other direction I guess it would cancel it out huh, wish I would have thought about that. And actually I beleive that the time was correct the first time and then I changed the RSS time.....stupid me!!!

Oh well, James King I appreciate your work and glad you helped.

No worries. enjoy!

Last edited by jamesking on Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mazz0310

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so what I did, and fixed the problem is, i'm using the older script, not the new one you posted, and went to my control panel on the website and changed timezone to UTC and times are all correct. It works perfectly, if you look at some code in bmenu it says timezone must be UTC or something, so I assume that could fix it for everyone.
seebus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

works like a charme! thank you!
IIIIIIIIIIII

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Update to Saxx site? Reply with quote

I'm using his method and replacing the username and id but the events show up as all day events on google calendar. In cp I have the timezone set to my own and with 0 as the offset. Any ideas on how to not make it show up as all day events?
jamesking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you definitely using the latest code that I have linked to? If so, I have no idea why it wouldn't work as I have set the time to work in hours, and it works for everyone else...?

http://www.jamesking.co.uk/myepisodes/RSStoiCal.zip
IIIIIIIIIIII

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have my own web space so I am using what saxx offered, I think the code would have to be updated on his end

To do this, add the following URL to Google Calendar:
http://www.sachsenhofer.com/stuff/myepisodestoical.aspx?uid=YOURUSER&pwdmd5=YOURMD5PWD
but change "YOURUSER" to your username, and change "[
YOURMD5PWD" to your MD5 password
jamesking

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. Nothing I can help with I'm afraid.
IIIIIIIIIIII

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate your effort in responding to this. All day event is still better than nothing. There are some rss to email sites I had done due diligence on that I might go look into on an off day. I'm a happy camper having it in gcal at all. Cheers.
seebus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesking wrote:
Are you definitely using the latest code that I have linked to? If so, I have no idea why it wouldn't work as I have set the time to work in hours, and it works for everyone else...?

http://www.jamesking.co.uk/myepisodes/RSStoiCal.zip

I can see no config in your php. Where should I put the username etc?
eztv

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even see where I can input a URL into Google Calendar anymore. Am I just missing it?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. The "Add by URL" option is under the "Add" menu under "Other Calendars" in case anyone else can't find it. Thanks mayco and JamesKing for the awesome script.
adept22

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Issue with outlook 2010 Reply with quote

Love this, i have it configured but when i subscribe in outlook 2010 it gives me
The Vevent contains a floating DTstart. outl supports floating time for all-day events only. and it doesnt add anything, is there something im missing in the config??
namooth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you watch any half hour TV shows, make sure they're added to the array for half hour shows in row 33. They need to be seperated with commas _ , _ and have double quotes around each show name _ " _ .
E.g., change:
$half_hour_shows = array("The IT Crowd","Friends");
to:
$half_hour_shows = array("The IT Crowd","Friends","Eastenders","Scrubs","How I Met Your Mother");

What happens if i don't do the above?
mazz0310

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

namooth wrote:
Quote:
If you watch any half hour TV shows, make sure they're added to the array for half hour shows in row 33. They need to be seperated with commas _ , _ and have double quotes around each show name _ " _ .
E.g., change:
$half_hour_shows = array("The IT Crowd","Friends");
to:
$half_hour_shows = array("The IT Crowd","Friends","Eastenders","Scrubs","How I Met Your Mother");

What happens if i don't do the above?

All shows will appear as being an hour long.
namooth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How often are iCal subscriptions supposed to update? I've made changes on my shows in myepisodes and i don't see the changes in my calender even after 2 days. Is there a way to force a calender refresh or something?
mazz0310

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 days might be too long, but it's definitely not immediately, it'll take I would say a day....maybe 2.....check your ical file, make sure it is still up on the webserver.
VortX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saxx's link (http://www.sachsenhofer.com/stuff/myepisodestoical.aspx?uid=YOURUSER&pwdmd5=YOURMD5PWD) is no longer working Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> User Contributions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: