MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MyEpisodes.com + newzbin.com + newsleecher

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eville84

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: MyEpisodes.com + newzbin.com + newsleecher Reply with quote

Hi All,

Ok here is my crazy & wishful idea....

Combine your selected series / episodes you've organized on myepisodes.com with newzbin.com & newsleecher.

How would this work?
This would work with some sort of software that could interact with the 3 services/applications.

Here is the general work flow process:
1) Organize all the episodes that you want with myepisodes.com
2) From the information gained from myepisodes.com, the software will ping/query newzbin.com as soon as the episode is aired and or if the episode has been aired but has not been set to "watched" on myepisodes.com.
3) If a listing is found on newzbin.com the software will download the nzb file from newzbin.com . Possible options for file format would lye here.
4) nzb file will go to the directory that you have newsleecher set to listen to (automatic import). newsleecher than takes care of the rest.

What is this? You browse myepisodes.com, essentially a tvguide and queue your tv shows... This is a bloody Tivo!!!!!

I know some php and regex. Not enough to create this. I do know which technologies to use to make it though.
Is anyone out there interested in helping me make this? I'm an experienced product manager & entrepreneur. With some help this idea could be made into an amazing web service. This could seriously rock the community!

Please respond if you know or are someone that wants to help with this. Very Happy

*I've posted this on newzbin's forum as well.
Sypher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, as I've been working on something like this Smile

What my program does is:
- Download the "today-unaquired" feed from MyEpisodes
- Save it to an array
- Download 3 rssfeeds from a usenet forum (dutch) for HD, HR and 720p
- Combine those three into a new array.
- Scoring every show based on its quality. This is quite an extensive check, as it also checks for reposts and repacks. This creates a new array with the highest quality available only.
- Crossmatch the first array to the third one.
- For each of the shows found, a remote wget program downloads the rarfiles containing nzb's
- When completed, the rars are unpacked
- When completed, the nzb's are moved to the SABnzbd's Dirscan folder (somewhat like Newsleecher)

It is do-able, but i don't know how newzbin works.

Somewhat related: There is a program called NZB TV which does work with newzbin, but does not use MyEpisodes (yet).

What you CAN do is create a script or program, that downloads the episode information or the rssfeeds of myepisodes and turn it into XML that NZB TV can use.

Last edited by Sypher on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wesley1305

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite interested in your program Sypher, can you show it somewhere or something?
tokki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not all the functionality your program is intended to do Sypher, but it works like a charm for what eville84 is thinking of.
http://www.piesweb.co.uk/wordpress/?page_id=18
Gotta love that ""tivo"" Very Happy
torta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

PADS has just had a bit of an upgrade and a new website Smile

http://pads.piesweb.co.uk/

Might be of use to some.

Pie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: