MyEpisodes Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is MyEpisodes for and how do I use it?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want a basic description of MyEpisodes and instructions on how to use it?
1: Yes - I would find that request useful.
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
2: No - I would not find that request useful.
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 14

shawnvw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: What is MyEpisodes for and how do I use it? Reply with quote

[Request Name]
What is MyEpisodes for and how do I use it?

[Description]
I'd like the home page to be clear about what MyEpisodes is for. Is it a tool for people to want to watch a particular upcoming episode of a show, or all episodes? Or is more to keep track of episodes we have seen?

Can it search for, say, shows with a particular actor or in a particular genre?

Does it watch for shows on cable TV? On my local stations? Just networks? Can it watch for movies? Miniseries? What countries does it monitor?

Does it look for places on the Internet where the show is streamed? Or where it can be downloaded?

What does the RSS "feed" do? Does it give you a list of the shows themselves or just when they air? How far in advance?

I also need at least basic instructions. What do I do first? What does "Acquired" mean? Is that when the MyEpisodes notifies me that the show is on, or am I supposed to check it off when I don't need to look for it anymore?

[Target URL]
http://www.myepisodes.com

[Comments]

It seems that some major changes were made to the site in the last year or two. I suspect that much of the otherwise helpful information in these forums is no longer valid. (One posts says something like "Hey, stupid, there's a demo on the home page", but I don't see one.)
IceMan
Founder
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

MyEpisodes - Your own personal TV assistant.

* Keep track of as many shows as you like with a fast, easy and user-friendly interface.
* Have total control over your episodes.
* Have the option to use RSS feeds and IRC Interface.
* Have it all for free, but feel free to donate Wink

Try out the demo user: l/p=demo:demo

So you cannot read/see the frontpage? Wink
shawnvw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceMan wrote:

So you cannot read/see the frontpage? Wink

Well, yeah I did, and I eventually realized that "l/p=demo:demo" means Login: "demo" and Password: "demo". But the rest of the front page doesn't really answer all of my questions, does it?

I still don't know whether the site monitors my local stations -- or those in my country for that matter. (Don't laugh -- on the last TV monitoring site I went to, I read it for about five minutes before I realized that it only monitored UK channels.)

Or does it monitor shows on the Internet instead? Or both?

Quote:

* Have total control over your episodes.

Does that mean I can record streaming video as well as view it? And I can select which episodes to download, or do I have to acquire them all? I'd like some more detail.

Quote:

* Keep track of as many shows as you like with a fast, easy and user-friendly interface.

Like I asked before, does that include miniseries as well as regular shows? And does it notify you of only new episodes, or reruns too?

I should probably make the question of instructions a separate post; but please note that there's a thread asking about what Watched and Acquired means.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MyEpisodes Forum Index -> Requests All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: